Dont smoke and drive!

kgraybill

ChestBeater
Today at lunch I stopped by the B&M to get a couple of sticks. walking back and forth for a while the guy told me that they just got in these Olivero Classics. I asked what he thought of it. He told me that he had not tried one yet but the boss whas smoking one right now. That was good enoigh for me so I got 2 of them. I normally like to get 2 so if I like it I will have another for later or if I dont like it I will be able to give them a second chance.
Well, when I left work I realized that I did not have a cutter or a punch with me and ended up cutting it with my pocket knife. After firing it up I hit the road. It started off somewhat hard to draw but loosened up after a couple off hits. when the ash was about 1.5 inches long I held it out the window to blow the ash off. I did not go anywhere so I tapped it a little and it still did not blow off. Well before I knew it I was crossing lanes. fortunatly there was no one in that lane.
Further down the road I had another 1.5" ash and tried the same way to knock the ash off. Same thing. so I tried again to tapp it. This time I lost grip of my smoke and it flew back in the window, hit my leg and disappeared. Now I am all over the truck to make sure this thing is not burning throgh the seat or going to burn other things if you get my drift.
Again, I am bouncing all over the interstate, so I made my way to the shoulder to retrieve my cigar from who know where in this truck. I found it behind the seat still burning away and still had half of the ash on it.
fortunatly noboby was hurt and I got to finish my smoke.
I ended up smoking it till it burned my fingers so I guess it was worth the hassle.
If you like sticks that hold a good ash, the Olivero classic is the one.
I will wait until I get home to fire up next time.

I was heading down the freeway one afternoon puffing away and dropped the stick which fell betweed my legs. Took a few moments to retrieve it but I did and happily continued my journey. A few minutes later I noticed a plume of smoke wisping up....damn seat was smoking like crazy. Slammed on the brakes and jumped out to find a half dollar sized hole burned through the seat and down into the foam. Cost me $325 :mad: to get it repaired. Damn expensive cigar lesson to learn. Still smoke in my truck but a hell of a lot more careful these days.

Funny story im sure that has happen to the most of us. The ash usually blows in my face or all over my bold head. Im getting better with the smoking while driving. Trust me it takes practice:tu Thxs for the story

Glad you finished your cigar!

Thats funny because I've been there. It's really bad when the lit cigar lights something under the seat....

I have yet to smoke in my car. But, it's a manual and the drive to work is only 15 - 20 minutes and we're not allowed to smoke in the federal parking garage so I'd have to put it out when I got there.

I wouldn't mind smoking on longer trips, but I'd invest in one of these babys that fit in your cup holder if I decide to do so.

At least you weren't trying to light your pipe while driving and went off the road...

THAT'D be stupid.

What you did was just an attempt to enjoy a cigar that got a little... dangerous.

You ever heard the line "Don't drink and drive" "it could Spill"
I find that when I smoke in the car especialy on a more windy day, I keep the Cigar out the window it becomes un even.

Today at lunch I stopped by the B&M to get a couple of sticks. walking back and forth for a while the guy told me that they just got in these Olivero Classics. I asked what he thought of it. He told me that he had not tried one yet but the boss whas smoking one right now. That was good enoigh for me so I got 2 of them. I normally like to get 2 so if I like it I will have another for later or if I dont like it I will be able to give them a second chance.
Well, when I left work I realized that I did not have a cutter or a punch with me and ended up cutting it with my pocket knife. After firing it up I hit the road. It started off somewhat hard to draw but loosened up after a couple off hits. when the ash was about 1.5 inches long I held it out the window to blow the ash off. I did not go anywhere so I tapped it a little and it still did not blow off. Well before I knew it I was crossing lanes. fortunatly there was no one in that lane.
Further down the road I had another 1.5" ash and tried the same way to knock the ash off. Same thing. so I tried again to tapp it. This time I lost grip of my smoke and it flew back in the window, hit my leg and disappeared. Now I am all over the truck to make sure this thing is not burning throgh the seat or going to burn other things if you get my drift.
Again, I am bouncing all over the interstate, so I made my way to the shoulder to retrieve my cigar from who know where in this truck. I found it behind the seat still burning away and still had half of the ash on it.
fortunatly noboby was hurt and I got to finish my smoke.
I ended up smoking it till it burned my fingers so I guess it was worth the hassle.
If you like sticks that hold a good ash, the Olivero classic is the one.
I will wait until I get home to fire up next time.

Funny story, but in all seriousness, be careful......A cigar in the car is not worth your life. :tu

yup, been there too. HArd part was that it went under the electric motor seat my Benz has and there is no finger room in there, let alone space to put a hand and get it out somehow.

I went crazy trying to figure it out, and just said to my self "The Germans must have put in fire retardant floor rugs in there so it will go out, fingers crossed"

Sure did. Phew.

Back