Dose any one feel the same way?

FriendlyFire

Alpha Silverback
I'm smoking Cigars for as long I'm on this site. 1 year as you can see when I signed up. Wow that went fast.

My point is:

I know I learned alot in this past year. But I still feel I have no clue about Cigars. There so many, and so many I have the opertunity to put my hands on and still I'm liked hooked to a few and afraid to go futher. I have so Many cigars in my humidor and coolo but still go and buy those same that I like to smoke. One main reason is because I'm afraid to get hit with a strong one and get a head ache. But I learned somthing very intresting this Wendesday and it was kinda funy as well.

I sit in the Davidoff store and chat with the manager about I love the cigar I'm smoking, it was tatuaje, Problay a 50 they didn't have the smaller ones. And I go in to a conversation that I'm hooked to medium stregnth Cigars and like padron 64 davidoff 2000 and tatuaje, and he tells me you know the one you got in your mouth is not so medium. And I'm smoking them all along , not offten as my mediums :). Now I havn't tried anything else that I can rember being full.

Today: I chat with a cigar sales men on a websit and ask him do you have any cheaper bundles that would remind me of those cigars I mentiond above, he said the exact same thing. you know that tatuaje is not that medium. I think you can try fuller cigars he tells me. I asked him to put togeather a list and this is what he sent me.
Any Don Pepin
5 Vegas Miami
5 Vegas Classic
Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
Man O War ( New)
Padilla lines
Oliva
Carlos Torano
Some Gurkha lines

Which one of these whould you say I would like if I like the ones I usaly smoke? I know I like Natrual more then maduro. I don't want to order all of them. but he can put togeather a sampler.

Thanks,

Let me first give you a hint about the headaches:

Eat something before you attack something new that you think is a stronger stick. If you can't, then have some candy/cookies with sugar handy. That will combat the Nicotine buzz quickly!

You will be happy with Oliva from G to O to V series. I would also throw the Gran Habano line in there too. I wouldn't touch the Gurkha lines at all, most are full bodied. Don Pepin (and his blends like San Cristobal and Tatuaje) is mainly a Nicaraguan cigar, so be careful to have eaten or some candy read to go if you are looking to take these on.

I generally like a medium-bodied stick, and the Carlos Torano line is among my favorites. I also buy Olivas. 5 Vegas is okay, but nothing really sets it apart for me. I don't like Gurkhas at all. Man O War can be a bit expensive. I haven't tried any of the others.

One thing I have learned in my years of smoking is that taste is very subjective. I believe it's subjective to the point that not only do we all have different likes/dislikes in cigars, but our opinions of a cigar "you might like if you like brand x cigar" can be way off. Many people would say that based on my taste in cigars, I should love Padrons. I just don't like them. Our individual chemical makeup and PH factors in the area of our tastebuds makes the flavor profile we enjoy in a cigar as unique as our fingerprint. I say seek out cigars that you like through your B&M, trades, and 5 pack purchases and buy the ones you enjoy. But remember, as you get older, your taste may change as well.

MCS

Out of that list and based on what you like smoking, I think you'd enjoy the Oliva Vs and the 5 Vegas As. :tu

Anything 5 Vegas gets my vote although the Gold line is going to probably be too mild for your taste. In order of strength from full to medium I would say 5 Vegas Miami - 5 Vegas Series A - 5 Vegas Classic.

Doesn't much matter they are all GREAT!!!!!

Back