Double Maduro / Extra Fuente

chris45set

Maturing Primate
I feel like I am in one of those old Miller Lite commercials (great taste, less filling).
After reading so much about how good a value the Sancho Panza cigars are, and how they are closely linked to the Padron lines (which I do love), I decided I should try them.
But which flavor?
Searched thru the archives, everyone seems to like both.
OK, let's see if CI has a five-pack, they have them both.
Which one is darker/fuller? The maduro is NOT the darker of the two? Inetersting.
So I flipped a coin, and it landed on edge.
I figured this is a sign from somewhere.
And CI has free shipping for CS members.
So I bought them both.
You guys are a bad (or is that good, I can never remember) influence.
This slope, it is both deep and steep.
And you all don't just drop us over, you push.
Ah, screw it. life is too short. Gonna smoke 'em both.
Waitin' for the mailman . . .

Long Ashes to ya, Chris

I think both is a great decision. They are both great cigars for the money. You'll have a wonderful time figuring out which you like best.

After reading so much about how good a value the Sancho Panza cigars are, and how they are closely linked to the Padron lines (which I do love), I decided I should try them.
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74526
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showpost.php?p=855210&postcount=4

FWIW, The only conection of Padron and SP is that Estelo Padron blends the SP's and other Genreal Cigar products. The Padrons had a falling out years ago. The cigars are nothing alike, imo. Oh and the wrapper being dark doesn't always mean full/strong. I find maduro's are on the sweet side. The SP Extra Fuerte's are the strongest of the line. Hince the name Extra Fuerte. (extra strong)

Last edited:
dammit, and here I thought I had discovered something.
Thanks for setting me straight, and I won't let the loss of a pseudo-pedigree diminish my appreciation when these arrive.

The SP double maduro quixote is my go to small cigar... awesome flavor at just over $30 a box is a great deal! im not too crazy about the extra fuerte... but everyone's taste is difft.

The Extra Fuerte Pamplona (robusto size) are my daily smoke and I love them. I occassionally have burn problems, but for the price, I am not going to complain.

I just ordered a box of Double Maduro Quixote's last night after reading all the great reviews here. I haven't tried any yet but at that price, I had to buy a box. I told my wife that's what she is getting me for my birthday :bl

Of the two, I like the Extra Fuerte's best.
I'm smoking my way through my second box of Fuerte's and I plan to get a couple boxes of the little ones that are the same size as the Quixotes.
The EF is easily one of my very favorite smokes. Absolutely delicious.
At under two bucks apiece, it makes me wonder why I'd ever pay 5, 10, 20 or 30 bucks on a cigar. This cigar blows the whole value/goodness curve to smithereens.

Back