Downtown Disney?

screwbag

Lowland Gorilla
I hear that there is a cigar lounge in downtown Disney right by Disneyland. Anybody been there or have more info?

EDIT:
I just found out it's Disney world not Disney land ... Oh well..

Last edited:
http://www.luxist.com/2007/07/14/fuego-by-sosa-cigars-a-cigar-bar-for-disney/

and -

Cigar-smoking fathers dreading the family trip to Orlando have reason to rejoice: Walt Disney World now has its very own cigar bar.

Fuego by Sosa Cigars opened in June on Disney's Pleasure Island, the adult-oriented area of the iconic Florida theme park. Fuego sports a bar that looks like a slab of melting ice, seating for around 30 people and a complete selection of alcoholic beverages.

A smoky, boozy bar may seem like an odd fit for Disney, best known for smiling children, charming music and an image reminiscent of America in the 1950s. Smoking is prohibited throughout much of Walt Disney World, and since 2000 Disney has allowed smoking only in designated smoking areas. In the Magic Kingdom, for example, there are 14 designated smoking areas, including "the alcove behind the clock tower" in Adventureland.

Sosa Cigars is part of the Arturo Fuente Cigar Family, and the Sosas have run a cigar shop in Disney for the past decade called Sosa Family Cigars, which stocks 80 cigar brands, humidors and cigarettes. Sosa is the only spot in Disney where one can buy tobacco products.

While there is no cigar lounge in downtown disney, smoking is allowed anywhere (outside the shops/restaurants) outside the park. There is at least one cigar stand (though I shudder to actually call it that) in the downtown disney area, though I prefer to bring my own. As the previous post states, there are sections of the parks which are designated smoking areas, the best being the pier in CA adventure.

Sosa cigars in downtown disney to good but if you have the time go to Corona Cigars. Its probelly the biggest shop in the country. Its only about 20 mins from disney off interstate 4

there is fuego's and sosa's. but if you can go to corona cigar co. much cheaper and better selection. however go to bongo's in downtown disney far an awesome cuban restuarant and you can go out on the balcony and smoke. really good mojitos too:ss

If there's still a place to smoke at a Disney property, of all places, the end of the world has been delayed.

I've been in the Fuego by Sosa Cigars "cigar bar" at pleasure island, its nice. If your at PI with some girls and they want to dance and you hate that crap. At least you have a place for yourself to smoke a Cigar and have a drink. Then you wander back to motions to find the women you left there.

But if your just in that area and are looking for a cigar bar, Carona is the best.

Sosa cigars in downtown disney to good but if you have the time go to Corona Cigars. Its probelly the biggest shop in the country. Its only about 20 mins from disney off interstate 4

I agree.
Go to Corona instead.
They have booze.
Wines.
Great selection and can sit to relax and enjoy a smoke.

Is there a downtown disney at disneyWORLD as well as disneyLAND?

I thought the og disneyland was the home of the only downtown disney in anaheim, CA

If this thread is about disneyLAND, check out Red Cloud in Fullerton, Maxamar in Orange.

Is there a downtown disney at disneyWORLD as well as disneyLAND?

I thought the og disneyland was the home of the only downtown disney in anaheim, CA

If this thread is about disneyLAND, check out Red Cloud in Fullerton, Maxamar in Orange.

Disney World in Orlando has a Downtown Disney area.
Rather large.
Has a number of restaurants like Gloria Estefan's Bongos and Wolfgang Puck to name a few.
Has a very large Virgin Atlantic Record store.
It is right next to Pleasure Island and near Disney World itself.
Has a Sosa Cigars shop right across from Bongos.

Rather large.
Has a number of restaurants like Gloria Estefan's Bongos and Wolfgang Puck to name a few.

And a house of blues restaurant / concert hall.
Disney Quest
A Circ De Soleil

And a shopping district.

Rather large.

i was just there two weeks ago and ate at wolfgans puck's. had a very good meal and walked right on over to sosa cigars where i picked up some opus x robustos and xxx for around 12-15 each. not a bad night considering they let me break their rule of only buying 2 at a time.

Back