DPG question

JerseyStepUp

ChestBeater
i have a few DPG blue's, and a few benchmade's that have only been resting in my humi about a week.. i hear so many people rave about both of these im dying to smoke them.. Do all you DPG fans let them rest awhile? do they get better? or are they generally a good stog out of the box?

Always been good out of the box for me. The only ones I don't like are the San Cristobals. I'm letting the 8 i have left sit around for awhile to see if I change my mind.

never experienced either one.. only thing remotely peppin ive had are tatuaje's which are a new love of mine and i keep stocked.. which cigar do you guys reccommend i have fisrt?

I've had fresh DPG JJ's maddies that would gag a maggot off a gutwagon.
A little air and they flush right out.
Whenever I get a new box of cigars I pull one out and run it under my nose. If it burns my sinus, I put them away for awhile. Usually they'll settle down in a month or so.
If they're in cello, they take a lot longer, maybe 4 to 6 months.
If I want to smoke some sooner than that, I just pull a handful out of the cellos and drop them in a humi or humijar or whatever. That speeds the process along. :tu

So the general consensus(sp?) here seems to be that once i have my first peppin ill be hooked on them.. cant wait!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Pepin stuff, but going in the attitude of getting hooked will probably set you up for disappointment. Now, the first I had was a cuban classic... I was hooked!!

would gag a maggot off a gutwagon.

I never get tired of hearing that!

I like the DPG Blue in all manners of age. I like them fresh from the factory in all it's peppery goodness. I like them with several years age on them where there is no longer any pepper taste but a nice complex, back of the throat, taste to them. I just plain LIKE them!

I never get tired of hearing that!

I like the DPG Blue in all manners of age. I like them fresh from the factory in all it's peppery goodness. I like them with several years age on them where there is no longer any pepper taste but a nice complex, back of the throat, taste to them. I just plain LIKE them!
I haven't had a fresh Blue.
The thing with a JJmaddie is that when it's very fresh, it burns every sense I have straight out of the game. It's incredibly one dimensional, the only real flavor is PAIN. :)

To get clear on "fresh / rest / ott". A rested cigar is still fresh, it's just not ott fresh.

A DPG that has rested a couple weeks after travel will usually smoke great. An ott DPG can smoke good, but I've had some that did not. So I would say you don't have to put years on them, just a couple weeks to work excess moisture or visa versa. BUT... I usually always smoke a stick ott to get a baseline.

Back