Drink & Cigar Pairings...

Cadillac

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I usually enjoy a couple of beers with my cigars on the weekend, but would like to start sipping something a little stronger. I don't like wine with cigars, and I don't like Scotch. Can anyone make any suggestions for "reasonably" priced Whiskey or Bourbons?

Most of the non-cubans I smoke tend to be Maduro, or on the stronger side if this helps. You're suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I usually enjoy a couple of beers with my cigars on the weekend, but would like to start sipping something a little stronger. I don't like wine with cigars, and I don't like Scotch. Can anyone make any suggestions for "reasonably" priced Whiskey or Bourbons?

Most of the non-cubans I smoke tend to be Maduro, or on the stronger side if this helps. You're suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Which wines and scotches have you tried with cigars? Not all go well, but to me, more do than don't. I love a glass of Macallan or a good Old Vine Zinfandel with my cigars.

As far as cheap bourbon goes, Bulleit is pretty good for the money. If you like sweeter drinks, Kahlua, served neat, tastes pretty good with a maduro.

Being from the South I have had ALOT of Bourbon (ah, college) I have always been partial to Dickel rather than Jim and Jack

Crown Royal?
Maker's Mark?

My favorite drink with a cigar is Dr. Pepper. Give it a try, you may find you'll like it better than alcohol.

If that maduro is spicy, I like something a little sweet to go with it. Sambuca would probably be my first choice. My main choice for any cigar is usually a Jack and diet.

Looks like I have a lot of fine "spirits" to try. Thanks. I like Crown Royal & Coke, but don't usually consume a lot of sugar & caffeine during the week so it gets me pretty jacked. I'll have try it without the Coke.:al

Looks like I have a lot of fine "spirits" to try. Thanks. I like Crown Royal & Coke, but don't usually consume a lot of sugar & caffeine during the week so it gets me pretty jacked. I'll have try it without the Coke.:al

Do try it without the coke. I like my Jack or Crown straight. If anything, I will had a splash of water.:al :ss

Back