Dry-boxing poll

How long do you dry-box

• Total voters

mastershogun

Chestbeating Pack Leader
I have been experimenting with dry-boxing so I figured I'd post a poll
For all you who dry-box, lets see what you do. Right now I usually drybox overnight but am leaning towards going for some 60% beads. For people who do use 60% beads, how long do you leave them at 60%?

i put over night. really it usually end up being just a couple of hours maybe. i can't ever really plan too far ahead.

it's a rare occasion when i know what i'm gonna smoke ahead of time-the only time i dry box is when i'm trying to make something OTT smokeable quicker

Nope.
That requires planning ahead, & I go with the mood that moment I pick one.

Besides, I prefer my boxes....oh, never mind. :)

I don't currently but I am observing the effects of those times I have set a cigar out and the consequence the RH of the room has upon it. In the future this so called "dry boxing" will proabably be part of prepping the cigar for optimum enjoyment at the time of cunsumption.:ss

I am trying my best to resist the innuendo that this thread's title begs for. :D

I try my best to keep my smokes stored at the proper humidity. New shipments get to rest a week or so, but they go from my humidor to the torch when they're ready.

My humidor is 62-64% and my cigars burn well. I don't believe dry boxing is is necessary.

I'm in the same boat...........I currently use 65% beads and they keep everything between 62-65%. I like how they smoke at this Rh; I never dry box.

When I used to use conventional humidification, I used to pull a few out and "dry box" them until they were gone.

Someone mind explaining the purpose of it? Does it change the flavor or something?

Sure, I find that the burn is always razor sharp and that it enhances the flavors, imo. When cigars are a little wetter, flavors are quite muted. Try it for yourself and you should notice the difference very easily.

:2

Noob question... dry boxing is putting them in an empty, non humidified box right? Wouldn't that dry them out quickly and unevenly causing problems?

:confused:

What's a guesstimate RH% of the smoke after doing this method? Are you going from say 70 to 60, or lower still?

Back