Dumb idea, and

replicant_argent

2X Secret Probation.Bitch
kinda collusion-ish, but how bout the idea of putting your gorilla name in the comment box of the devil site so you know if some deserving gorilla is bidding on the same lots as you?

Gotta treat the jungle members with respect, ya know.

I always wondered about that.... I think if we just put CS in the comment box it would be cool.

Just my .02

kinda collusion-ish, but how bout the idea of putting your gorilla name in the comment box of the devil site so you know if some deserving gorilla is bidding on the same lots as you?

Gotta treat the jungle members with respect, ya know.

Nah, its not KINDA collusion, it IS collusion, dangerous area to tread to save a couple bucks on cigars...... :2

You must treat and respect our economic system and its variants and let it function in a pure environment or they will cease to work at all.

I'm not really sure it's collusion if it's the consumers doing the collaborating. I'm pretty sure the machine will keep churning even with a little cooperation amongst a few BOTL. :)

Pure environment...that's cute.

I don't think it is collusion. It might hurt CI a little (doubtful)..

I think collusion would be if One of you owned Cigar Bid and I as a Friend bidded up the auctions in order to earn top dollar on each auction. It happens on Ebay and they take it serious. However, Ebay could care less if I was bidding on an item and one of my friends saw this and avoided bidding themselves.

I'm not really sure it's collusion if it's the consumers doing the collaborating. I'm pretty sure the machine will keep churning even with a little cooperation amongst a few BOTL. :)
:tpd: (although we should be carefull, Big Brother is watching)

I like the idea of putting CS in the comment box...you just may want to leave CS out of the comment box if you are the one out-bidding ;)

Pure environment...that's cute.

Not sure what the cute reference is for. Care to elaborate?

I usually hate using wikipedia as a reference but they summed it up nicely

In the United States, price fixing can be prosecuted as a criminal felony offence under section 1 of the Sherman Act. In Canada, it is an indictable criminal offence under section 45 of the Competition Act. Bid rigging is considered a form of price fixing and is illegal in both the United States (s.1 Sherman Act) and Canada (s.47 Competition Act). In the United States, agreements to fix, raise, lower, stabilize, or otherwise set a price are illegal per se.[1] It does not matter if the price agreed upon is reasonable or for a good or altruistic cause; or if the agreement is explicit and formal or unspoken and tacit. In the United States, price-fixing also includes agreements to hold prices the same, discount prices (even if based on financial need or income), set credit terms, agree on a price schedule or scale, adopt a common formula to figure prices, banning price advertising, or agreeing to adhere to prices that one announces. [2] Although price fixing usually means sellers agreeing on price, it can also include agreements among buyers to fix the price at which they will buy products.

Very doubtful you would be charged with a Felony because you didn't but some cigars. Now if we could get every bidder of Cigar bid to agree then you might have an issue.

JDC20: Just joshing you a bit. I'm by no means an economics expert but the thought of a "pure environment" in a capitalist society got my funny bone. Might just be the Crown & Coke. :)

I defer to Wikipedia, just seems like the term is geared towards the the seller with a footnote that it could pertain to the consumer.

Just a ya might want to think on things idea here. A company that moves that many cigars I am sure monitors the cigar forums. I would if I ran a company. I know we have four reps here for sure form various companies. Just a little something to think about.

Stacey

Shades of Gray. Of Course. We have people rallying boycotts toward the Oil Company's in order to bring prices down. By law (if it is correct in interpretation) they could be charged with Felony. I mean they are a group of people conspiring to fix prices. Of course no company in their right mind would go after such people...it would be suicide for them to do so.

Just a ya might want to think on things idea here. A company that moves that many cigars I am sure monitors the cigar forums. I would if I ran a company. I know we have four reps here for sure form various companies. Just a little something to think about.

Stacey

Good point Stacey, I don't work for CI/CB but I am a rep in the industry. But this has nothing to do with my job, just an old Econ major that likes to apply the expensive degree to my industry. :)

Back