Dunhill signed range

macjoe53

Alpha Silverback
Stopped by the B&M yesterday to see what was new and found a Dunhill signed range robusto. Since I was out running around while the spousal unit was getting her nails done, I decided to sit on the tailgate of my truck and smoke it with a cup of black coffee. Sorry, no pictures.

It was well constructed with no soft or extremely firm spots. Gave it a "v-cut" and lit it up. First taste was mild to my taste (I'm a maduro/corojo fan) but it wasn't bad. Plenty of good smoke. It burned very evenly for the first two-thirds and then I noticed a slight uneveness. It actually corrected itself after another puff or two though. Paired with a dark roast coffee it probably came across as milder than it actually was.

I smoked it to the nub before my wife came out of the nail shop. (She's not a cigar fan and complained about the smell. I asked how she could smell anything after coming out of an acetone laced nail palace.)

I paid $9 for the robusto. It was more than I normally spend for an everyday smoke but I will probably go back and buy a few for special occasions or to share with some BOTL's I know who like milder smokes than I do.

Back