El Camaguay Perfecto

Cigar Hound

Reading More Posting Less
I was gifted this cigar from Jason Love III. On intial inspection, this cigar is dark and oily with great construction. The perfecto shape isn't one you normally see, except in the La Aurora line. After cutting and taking a puff, I put the lighter to the foot and the cigar lit up nicely. The draw was just right, and I could begin to taste the cocoa and coffee. After the first couple of inches, the cigar started to really open up and the coffee and cocoa became more pronounced, and I started getting some hints of pepper on my tongue. The ash was a grayish color and held on about halfway through before falling all over my shirt. I'm not sure what the ring gauge on this cigar is, but appear to be about 52-54 at its largest point. The length was about 6 inches. The cigar is unbanded also. I smoked the cigar down to about an inch left and it was very pleasant all the way through. It never got hot or became bitter, which I find alot in very dark maduro or oscuro wrapper. I would definitely buy a few of these and would like to see what some age does for it. Overall a nice cigar. I've attached a picture at the halfway point. Sorry for the quality, it was taken with my cell phone. Thanks again Jason for the great cigar!!

ElCamaguay.jpg

Nice review Sean! I smoked mine saturday afternoon and had a similar experience. I got the mild cocoa notes as well as the pepper flavor and thought it was a nice stick. Like you I would also like to see what a few months time would do for the flavors. I read in another thread that a few months ago these were going for sub $3 bucks, but now they're around $4 or so....

Good review. I had one of these a week and a half ago after Volfan wrote a review of them. I felt there was something familiar about them from his description. So I went back to my B&M and sure enough there they were, on the bottom shelf along with the Naturals, and Rosado red colored vitola.
I bought one of the Maduro. I had been turning my nose up at them for several months because they looked cheap, ragged, and had no label. It proved a point the IHT made in another thread about appearance of cigars etc. So I bought one and smoked it, and these were excellent. The went up in price from when I first saw them. The guy at the B&M said only by .40 cents but. I recall them at 2.99; they are now 4.99, a higher price than the RP Edge toros but not as good IMO.
A good smoke which I will get more of when I feel the urge.

Joe has been in touch with the company owner.

They state on their web site they will do a double ligero filler blend; he is looking into double ligero perfectos with the corojo 98 wrapper.. Box price should be well under $200, which is unbelievable for a Double Ligero 6x60 perfecto.

Since I am a total perfecto ho, and I really like Nicaraguan puros, I expect 100+ of these in my near future.. :w

A distributer for FdC brand in the North East is Humberto G.... he's largely responsible for spilling the beans on the Famous Nicaraguan 3000s (being EO Series X cigars). You might check the B&M that carries this brand for his new "Cojones" brand - the blend sounds promising (Wrapper: Hybrid Maduro
Binder: Dominican Olor Ligero Fillers: Nicaraguan Ligero, Dominican Olor Ligero, Dominican Piloto Cubano Ligero, Dominican Seco Cubano)

-Matt-

Last edited:
How is the construction on these cigars? There is a B&M close to me that seems to have 20 boxes of these things but I am just doubtful. I noticed they seem to also make a regular production barber pole product also. Anyone know if they contain corojo or crilollo tobaccos. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
How is the construction on these cigars? There is a B&M close to me that seems to have 20 boxes of these things but I am just doubtful. I noticed they seem to also make a regular production barber pole product also. Anyone know if they contain corojo or crilollo tobaccos. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Excellent. The draw is great; the roll and feel of the stick is very solid. You get billows of tasty smoke.

Excellent. The draw is great; the roll and feel of the stick is very solid. You get billows of tasty smoke.

:tpd: I agree with all the above. Very well constructed, great draw. Don't know anything about what tobacco is in it however. Have never even seen the box they come in, as this one was gifted to me.

Thank you gentlemen for the info. I believe they come in the large 50 count boxes. I do need to pick up some of these. Any recommendations for a nicaraguan puro lover?

Thank you gentlemen for the info. I believe they come in the large 50 count boxes. I do need to pick up some of these. Any recommendations for a nicaraguan puro lover?

I only had the maduro and it was great! Volfan had the red, maduro and natural

I only had the maduro and it was great! Volfan had the red, maduro and natural

Joe found out in his discussion with the company that the Corojo 98 wrapper is a special edition release and they don't come out very often.

The 5x50 perfecto is also available in 100 count boxes. I might need to get another cooler! :w

Our corojo 98 wrapper isn't a limited release per se; just manufactured in a limited quantity. (So it FEELS like a limited release!)

Don't want to violate any protocols here, but if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

www.flordecamaguey.com

Thanks!

Back