El Primer Mundo--Criollo Maduro

NCRadioMan

More cigars Sanchez!
This a new cigar on the market made by Nestor Plasencia for this new company. I was lucky enough to talk a bit with the President of the company about the production and quality of the cigars and he was a great guy. They offer two lines, the Connecticut Shade and the Criollo Maduro. He gave me one robusto of each to try and I promised a review.

Criollo Maduro Robusto
5 x 50
Nic, Hon and Peruvien tobaccos

This is a box-pressed beauty! Construction is top-notch. Very oily with no soft or hard spots and with a perfect draw. Smells of very rich tobacco and pre-light draw has hints of wood and that same rich tobacco. This a very good cigar. Hints of chocolate, coffee, leather and woody notes with a touch of spice. The ash held past the half-way point, did I mention the construction? Typical box-press burn, a few touch-ups were needed. Overall, this a pretty good cigar that I would definatly buy more of, and I would suggest you try one too! Distribution is not very large right now, primarily in Georgia. The best part, the robusto retails for under $5!

Did a Google search and came up with this:

www.primermundocigars.com

They have a list of retailers, looks like only GA, FL, and DC. I would like to try these as well. Plasencia is quickly becoming my favorite cigar maker. Yeah, he has made/does make some duds, but overall, the dude can blend. :ss

If those places listed on thier site sell online, I again have to recommend this cigar. Today I had the churchill and it was the same smooth cigar with balance and complexity. :ss

Amazing what the Search Function will find. I was about to post a new thread on this cigar. I happened to meet Sean Williams tonight at a cigar lounge. Sean is the President of El Primer Mundo cigars based in Atlanta. I happened to be sitting next to him at the bar.

I was finishing up a Padilla 1932 Lancero when Sean struck up a conversation about his cigars. He gifted me 2 of the Criollo Maduro Robustos. To continue on Greg's review. I noticed the wrapper was very smooth, almost a velvety oil, very hearty. Add a bit of nutty flavor profile in the cigar I smoked on top of everything that Greg mentioned in his review, and you've got the cigar I smoked tonight. The price point is right there for this cigar. It will give the Padron x000 series a run. It's a little less in the body, similar flavor profile with the nuttiness added to it.

Sean noticed that I had to touch up the cigar from time to time to keep it burning evenly. He didn't like that so he gifted me the 2nd one and told me to smoke it later. Top notch guy.

Jim (BluehavanaII) retails these cigars.

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85567&highlight=El+Primer+Mundo

I'm sure he'd be happy to sell you a few to try. Distribution right now is what Greg has mentioned.

The Connecticut shade pictured above the Criollo Maduro was gifted to my friend Mark that was at the lounge tonight as well.

ElPrimerMundo2.jpg

ElPrimerMundo.jpg

Nice review, Ji! Totally agree with the silky sheen of the wrappers on the maduro. Sean is a super-nice guy but that's not the reason I gave them a good review, they really are good cigars and I love the catch phrase "Tobacco Speaks. One must simply listen"

I have to echo the sentiments stated here. Sean is a great guy and has produced some pretty nice, affordable smokes.

I do have them in stock.. Anyone who attends the June 23rd herf here will get one to try!

Jim

I just smoked one of these and have to say it is great. Nice review, I bought one of every size to try, but so far this is looking like a great new regular for my stash.

Back