El Rico Habano Fan Club Meets Here This Week!

Mister Moo

The Pinnacle of Style
Have any El Rico Habanos, natural or maduro, in the humi? If not, do you know where to get a couple? Well, you already opened this thread so it's too late to get out - you're in. Make a move or you're a Philly Blunt ash.

Take one out of the humi, acquire or buy an ERH and smoke it hard to the nub this week and report back with the story. Good, bad, pepper, spice, strong, weak... lets go. It is happening. It is now.

This IS the Official CS/El Rico Habano Fan Club according to me.
I am the el Presidente. You wanted to run with the big dogs, eh? Well here you are. Lets see who is up to the membership requirements - when the call goes out, you have a week to put up or shut up.

Do not let me down or your wrappers will burst and beetles will find your best. This is the way it is. ERH hardball, my friend. Get to it. Do not mess up.

:ss

34860992.JPG

I guess I am in...since I opened this thread to see what this was about...

I ran out so I have to go get ERH....:tu I tried one a while back when they had the ERH promotion with the magazines and I hope it is that blend you speak of. It was packed a good punch ....

Last edited:
I know the old blend was much better than the one now. I think they were a little stronger. I am not too keen on the newer blend so I reckon I don't qualify for the fan club. :D

OK.

Bob, Greg (sorry - you opened it) and Dave are in.

(What's the story, Dave? I love a bedtime story.)

53 looks and only two (and a half) confirmed entries. I guess 50 guys are out shopping for their ELH right now. Go guys! I know I can count on ya.

Dave promises a story and drops outta sight. He'll be bacl - I know it.

Me? I have selected a two year old natural wrapper El-Rikki for hard snorking on the back porch tomorrow night. :w

53 looks and only two (and a half) confirmed entries.
I'am so in on this one. I got 1 in my box that's been resting for a year now. But for the full effect of the fun I get a new one tomorrow and fire it up and do a "Booker's review" D@MMMM strong stick and I love every bit of it. Almost as much as the Jdn

I went straight to the B&M and got a ERH corona Natural right out of their humidor. Went to Starbucks and sat outside with it. I didn't have a cutter so I do what I often do in that situation. I moisten the the cap and peel the first layer of the cap off and then ....moisten some more and peel the second cap off and she opens up makes a nice round opening. I test'er our out and the draw is perfect not to tight and not too loose. I toast'er up and heats to life! Yep, got a good one. Nice smooth taste, velvety. No pepper....just good tobacco flavor. After a bit seems a little too moist and in need of drying out a bit burn kinda too fast on one side. So, I set aside and rest it a bit and it straightens out. From here on it is just good old flavor that is common to this particular brand. A medium taste nicotine hit and nice buzz but not overpowering like some cigars. It has been a while since I smoked a corona and I forgot how tasty they can be providing excellent flavor characteristics. In the middle it gets little caramel on the mid pallet and tongue. ( being a former shoe and boot repairman, I could never discribe a cigar with what some call leathery taste because I was never in the habit of gnawing on leather. I consider a cigar more of a pleasurable veinl.) Then the nicotine kicks in and then it becomes a smooth pleasant smoke that changes a bit. Ya, gotta love the flavors in a corona that you don't often get with bigger ring gage. I ended up nubbing it. One of the things I like about this cigar is its fullness and its taste. I had forgotten how much I like ERH. Thanks for the encouragement to go back to a cigar I really like. I will be buying a few of these in different sizes now since I have not had them in a while.:ss Pepper! nah! not much...I have smoked some that had that effect but apparently not this one. But a pleasant good buzz yeah!!
The Burn corrected itself and came out a real winner.

Bob - you are the man. Nice lead report. I am making you Associate Vice President of the ELH Fan Club. Bomp!

Later... vee drink. Bot fairst, vee schmoke!!

Ok Ok,I'll try as I AM working...
ERH had a coupon in CA magazine for a free cigar.I sent away for said cigar and it was a mess.Under filled,very little smoke and just not a good cigar.
See as how I belonged to the Cigar World forum,I emailed them saying "if you folks are trying to promote a cigar by giving them away,why are you giving away crap?"It seems to me that was defeating the whole idea of promotion.

Well it took a while for them to respond but they did,they apologized and sent me 3 perfect ERH Churchills.

Now those were some excellent cigars!Great construction taste and the burn was razor sharp.
My question is will they be able to keep up with consistency :confused:

Was that ok Dan? :D

Bob - you are the man. Nice lead report. I am making you Associate Vice President of the ELH Fan Club. Bomp!

Later... vee drink. Bot fairst, vee schmoke!!
Das is gut!! Makes me want to get the Robusto which I remember so well from the "free" cigar promotion which knocked me on my posterior!!

Does this mean I get to travel expenses paid to Graycliff hotel and drink fabulous wine and ....?

oops...that was ERH!! Maybe I could go to Florida first??:D

Damn, I knew I should not of opened another Mister Moo thread... I'll have to find one. :ss

Damn, I knew I should not of opened another Mister Moo thread... I'll have to find one. :ss

See what happens...you might get influenced to try something you haven't in a while ..then you might be buying boxes for friends!! Of course it could have been a thread about Pecan Roasted coffee beans...then what would you do??:ss

See what happens...you might get influenced to try something you haven't in a while ..then you might be buying boxes for friends!! Of course it could have been a thread about Pecan Roasted coffee beans...then what would you do??:ss

I guess I should consider myself lucky! :ss

I just went to the local B&M and picked up two El Rico Habano Corona Supremas ($5.60 each). The walk-in was at 75 degrees and 72% so the second one will rest at 65% for a later review.

Now for the one I smoked on the way back to work and on the bench outside... Gave it a snip with my Palio and a lite with my Z-Plus and I was greeted with a large volume of light gray smoke. The first few puffs were bitter so I sipped on some Vitamin Water (XXX) and that seemed to do the trick. The burn was a little uneven but I would attribute that to it being a little wet. Overall it was a great experience! It stayed pretty cool all the way to the nub and held it ash very well. Flavor wise it has some spice to it but not a lot of pepper. Seemed pretty medium to me without a lot of nicotine buzz. Definitely worth picking up a box.

Thanks! :ss

got a few corona supremes resting in the humi, they're my "sunday nite cartoon smokes"-maybe, just maybe, for you Mr. Moo, i'll break my tradition & have one tonite-always one of my faves that never disappoints

That was a good story Dave. :tu

We all like cigars here but we especially like bigger, better, free cigars. 68TriShield has the right spirit! Good deal. Which reminds me, everyone - from now on please direct any complaints to the new ELHFC Vice President of Customer Service, Bob. I also recommend you bomb Bob if you feel like it just because he was first in with a review and he obviously has the right spirit. But that's up to you. Maybe Bob is very unpleasant - not sure - but I think he's good. I just don't know yet. Yeah, sure I made him a Vice President, which isn't the same as letting him marry my daughter, if you know what I mean. And the truth is, he has only been made VP of something imaginary so that's not some great recommendation. On the other hand, if Bob was my neighbor I might end up thinking he's the greatest guy in the world! Maybe we should just keep an eye on him for now. Congrats, Bob. Sort of. You learn a lot in these Fan Club threads.

So where is the pepper, is what I wanna know? Are these cigars plain brown wrappers and nothing else anymore? Is this why NCRadioMan doffed his cap and said, "Hasta Luego?" Nobody has pepper yet. My ELH's are not fresh and, if I recall, they were a tad peppery when I bought them. LOVED the pepper, spice and nic blast. I am President of the Club - hope mine is peppery. :confused:

Back