El Titan de Bronze Review

taltos

Elder Jungle Leader
I had read several reviews of this company's cigars on the usenet group alt.smokers.cigars by Dr. Albert. Having trusted his other reviews, I ordered a box of their Grand Reservada Corona ($75 box/70 bundle). They looked so pretty on the website that I bought the presentation box. When they arrived, I gave them 2 weeks in my Bally humidore at 60 degrees, 70 rh. Cut one with my cheapy v-cut from a shop in NH. Lit clean-used my Ronson mini torch-not a lighter, but a blow torch. Lit clean and burned evenly. Very strong flavors of leather, cedar and I think chocolate. Also very spicy. Never turned bitter and got a great buzz that I have not felt since giving up smoking unfiltered camels at 3 am without eating. I will definately keep buying these and will probably try the 2 lower strength smokes from them. In addition, they have bundles of mixed filler cigars at $25/bundle made from their premium cigars. The company is a small company in Little Havana, Miami and only sell on their website or in person. They will also sell by mail order. Shipping policies are clearly listed on the site. Also check out their other products. The website is eltitandebronze.com. I do not work for them or derive any income from them. All that I have gotten from them is some great cigars and a great humidor. Paul:u

I went to the El Titan de Bronze factory/store on 8th Street, Miami last week.

I had wanted to go to LGC or the Pepin Garcia factory, but they were closed.

The store is run by a very friendly, older gentleman named Carlos. He and I talked for about 45 minutes. All his cigars are made by 4 rollers right in the front of the shop. He showed me pictures of all his famous customers, then gave me an informal tour of the rooms where he stores his tobacco and then ages the cigars after they are rolled. You could tell that Carlos is very passionate about his work, and that passion is definitely evidenced in his cigars.

After dinner that same night, I had the Redemption Sun Grown Habano, relaxing in South Beach, and it was very, very good. Spicy and bold, similar in taste and body to a La Flor Dominicana Ligero, but with an even better finish and draw. I still can't believe the world hasn't found out about these cigars.

#####
After dinner that same night, I had the Redemption Sun Grown Habano, relaxing in South Beach, and it was very, very good. Spicy and bold, similar in taste and body to a La Flor Dominicana Ligero, but with an even better finish and draw. I still can't believe the world hasn't found out about these cigars
#####

I looked up their website and tried to find a place or a page to place an order but they don't have it. So I email them to inquire about placing an order for a box of Redemption - Churchill size since it is stated in the description that it has a Habano seed Sun-Grown wrapper. The gentleman from the store/web site replied back with the price of $100.00 a box plus $10.00 for shipping cost (I live in Houston, TX by the way and their stores is in Little Havana, Miami). I did not pull a trigger due to the reason that any box of cigar over a Franklin note requires thinking twice. I have not thought about getting a box of this cigar yet twice. Maybe later sometime, who knows how the human mind thinks, rationally or irrationally... :bl

I've had their little Petit Perfecto...:dr:dr

Would love to get more.... a great little quick smoke for me while at work.

I looked up their website and tried to find a place or a page to place an order but they don't have it. So I email them to inquire about placing an order for a box of Redemption - Churchill size since it is stated in the description that it has a Habano seed Sun-Grown wrapper. The gentleman from the store/web site replied back with the price of $100.00 a box plus $10.00 for shipping cost (I live in Houston, TX by the way and their stores is in Little Havana, Miami). I did not pull a trigger due to the reason that any box of cigar over a Franklin note requires thinking twice. I have not thought about getting a box of this cigar yet twice. Maybe later sometime, who knows how the human mind thinks, rationally or irrationally... :bl

I sugggest email again and ask for the price of a bundle. Carlos told me there was no difference between his bundled cigars and his box cigars; he makes them with the same blend and makes the same profit on both, except obviously he passes the cost of the wooden box directly to the customers.

Back