Emerson wine cooler??

pakrat

Gorilla
Anyone have any opinions on these, at $99 it sounds pretty good to me if the quality is there. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8251634

The 28 bottle Vinotemp is bigger than I need (I know I know). Plus the fact that even though the Vino's are on sale at Target, the nearest Target is 85 miles away, adding $40 to the cost. I can have the Emerson delivered free to my local Wally World and pick it up with only a 10 min detour on my way home from work. Any and all opinions welcome. TIA

It seems like it will do a great job at $99. You might want to do a search on "thermoelectric cooling" on here and see some of the other posts that pertian to non-Vinotemp wine bottle fridges.

My thoughts are, for another $40 you can get the 28 Bottle Vinotemp. The sale from Target just ended but I am sure it will be around again.

I can't see how that would differ at all however, as long as it is thermo-electric. Probably are all made at the same factory in China. :)

My thoughts are, for another $40 you can get the 28 Bottle Vinotemp. The sale from Target just ended but I am sure it will be around again.

I can't see how that would differ at all however, as long as it is thermo-electric. Probably are all made at the same factory in China. :)

Actually, it would be more like an extra $80 since it would be a 170 mile round trip to pick up the Vinotemp. Plus the fact that at the rate that I smoke cigars, the Emerson will probably hold at least 3 or more years worth of cigars. I already ordered the Emerson last week, so yeah, I hope you're right that they should all be about the same quality. Thanks for the input though.

Anyone have any opinions on these, at $99 it sounds pretty good to me if the quality is there. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8251634

The 28 bottle Vinotemp is bigger than I need (I know I know). Plus the fact that even though the Vino's are on sale at Target, the nearest Target is 85 miles away, adding $40 to the cost. I can have the Emerson delivered free to my local Wally World and pick it up with only a 10 min detour on my way home from work. Any and all opinions welcome. TIA

Considering how long you'll have it, i'd go ahead and foot the extra for the vino.

Being someone who is also on a budget and already has one of the vino's and the emerson it is fine. The emerson is thermoelectric and works just like a vino but smaller. We've had it for about 3 months and we love it. You really can't go wrong. Hope you enjoy whichever you choose!

Picked up the Emerson yesterday. I think it will work out fine. It may not be as big as the Vinotemp, but at the rate I smoke, it will hold a minimum of 3 possibly 4 year supply. Now it's just a matter of getting some spanish cedar shelves and filling it up. :ss

Back