Ever fire one up and it was the wrong smoke

SilverFox

Seven Down 33 to Go
Ok so another weird fireside post from SilverFox

I am away camping with the family the weekend up near Radium hot springs in the Kooteney mountains in British Columbia.

After hauling a 34 foot trailer through a blizzard to get here it has been a great weekend.

This is our last night here and as is my habit I am up after all are in bed sitting by the fire enjoying the peace. I brought my new 18 count with me stocked with plenty of great smokes.

Tonight I chose a 2006 Partaga Serie D #3 Edicion Limitada.

It had a great draw and great flavour but something just wasn't right. I stuck with it thinking that it would get better and be "the one". About halfway through I said screw it and tossed it in the fire.

I went back in the box and I am now thoroughly enjoying a Cohiba Siglo III.

There was nothing wrong with the party, yet everything was wrong with it.

I have no explanation and it struck me as odd behaviour so rather than wait till morning when I am sure the odd feeling would have passed I pulled out my blackberry and decided to post my experience for the Gorilla to analyze.

Has anyone ever tossed a perfectly good Cigar just because it wasn't quite right?

More than once have I killed a stick before it's own natural burn time and just tossed it or deep sixed it:hn

The few times when I have done this I have been angry or distracted and just could not enjoy the experience. A cigar for me is the total experience. If I am in a crappy mood I just cannot enjoy a good smoke.

I have also had average tasting cigars which were amazing because of the people I was with or the events which were going on in my life. :tu

Oh yeah - I have tossed smokes that don't taste like they have before. Then a week later you smoke the same stick and it tastes "right" again. I figure my body chemistry/taste sense/smell sense was off the day it tasted bad.

Yes and No. Alot of times I'm curious to see what the last 1/3 will be like. I've had CC's that were off on the first 1/3 and then truly turned into something great or got the taste back to what it should have been all along. The only time I've thrown one out is when all I want is a good smoke all the way through.

Happened to me yesterday Fox. Had an Illusione 68 that I had from a purchase about 8 months ago, took a break from studying for finals, and every time I had this cigar in the past, I loved it. It was awful, but not in a way that the cigar was bad. I think maybe, like George said, it may have been chemistry, whatever. I finished most of it and went inside and hit the books again.

Its so funny you posted this, as I was like "wtf"? But it was definitely not the the cigar, as it was me........maybe mood.

Enjoy yourself Fox!

Back