Ever had a cigar that didn't want to be smoked?

webjunkie

ChestBeater
Put the laundry in and sat down to have a nice relaxing smoke in the cool night air (as the apartment is pushing past 80). Pulled out a Tatuaje Havana IV Angeles. From the get go there were problems. Was a bit windy out, and without a lighter it was a bit of a challenge, but it lit and the burn was even so no problem.

Taste was either incredibly spicy or very bitter. So overpowering that I couldn't really tell the difference. No worries, after about a third of the cigar (and quite a lot of purging) the taste mellowed out. Then the wrapper right behind the band split. Not a little, but more like getting a crack on your windshield. It split and then sent smaller cracks everywhere. No matter, I was going to smoke this thing.

Finally got to the band, the taste had mellowed and the cracks weren't causing too much trouble. Really enjoying the cigar, and then I drop it. Well that ends that.

Very strange. I wonder if it was too much humidity, but I had a cigar that had been sitting right next to this one in the humi and it was fine. Could have been too young, but does that explain the cracking of the wrapper?

As for dropping it. Just call me butter fingers.:r Perhaps it's twin will turn out better.

could be the humidity...the binder and the wrapper expand at different rates when they absorb water. But,

That is weird about the the cigar not wanting to be smoked. Never happened to me, luckily. Did the taste mellow out any before you dropped it?

I thought humidity too, but it's been resting at 65% and all the other cigars from there have been fine.

Luckily the taste mellowed out into that nice Tat Havana IV taste that I know and love. That is until I dropped it. Just not my night I guess, i'll be more careful with the next one.

Maybe it's just that it's a hand rolled piece of art, and the artist didn't get it rolled or packed just right and it doesn't smoke well.

I've had cigars that don't want to be smoked......just happens bro.

Fire up anothuh :ss

I would also say that the temp. and the hum. were to high, but did you cut it open and check for stems. The last bad smoke I had was due to a stem right at the crown.

I have definitely had cigars that fought me all the way. Funky tastes, splitting wrappers, etc.

I have had plenty lately that refuse to be smoked.
They usually end up in the lake behind my house within minutes of trying to work it out.

Back