Ever smoked a freakin' BARBER POLE? (Photos)

SuperDave

Maturing Primate
Got this great cigar from Heliofire in a Newbie Sampler Trade in Oct '07. :bl It looks like a freakin' barber's pole, from Gurkha. The Gurkha website shows the Genghis Khan at a whopping 7.5" X 53. I figured this would be good one to smoke on New Years Day. I was a bit intimidated by the size, compared to my EDS. (See first photo.) Found out either it was a very smooth, mild-to-medium smoke, or I have finally built up some tolerance to nicotine. :r An excellent smoke, even burning (2nd photo), long/tight ash (3rd photo), lots and lots of blue smoke :dr , no buzz after smoking 1/2-way. Put it down and re-lit several hours later. Finished same as started. Very good...perfect switch-hitter when you have lots of time to smoke. Heliofire, thanks for the great experience! :D

looks like the Gurkha Dos Capas to me. I've had a few of those. They are smooth smoke. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It's definately a lonnnng one.

Got this great cigar from Heliofire in a Newbie Sampler Trade in Oct '07. :bl It looks like a freakin' barber's pole, from Gurkha. The Gurkha website shows the Genghis Khan at a whopping 7.5" X 53. I figured this would be good one to smoke on New Years Day. I was a bit intimidated by the size, compared to my EDS. (See first photo.) Found out either it was a very smooth, mild-to-medium smoke, or I have finally built up some tolerance to nicotine. :r An excellent smoke, even burning (2nd photo), long/tight ash (3rd photo), lots and lots of blue smoke :dr , no buzz after smoking 1/2-way. Put it down and re-lit several hours later. Finished same as started. Very good...perfect switch-hitter when you have lots of time to smoke. Heliofire, thanks for the great experience! :D

I am glad you liked it. I think you hit right on the head, it is a nice mild-medium smoke that is very smooth with tons of smoke. :ss

Thanks for the review. That is a huge freakin' striped stick. The only cigar I've had so far with a dual wrapper like that is the CAO America. I didn't really like it. I wonder how the two compare.

Wow, I am a big fan of Gurkha's and that looks like one I'm gonna have to track down! I like bigger ring guage cigars, and I like cigars that take all day

:ss

so it looks like a winner to me...thanks for the pics!

Back