Ever Torch Lighter

Senate1123

Young Ape
I'm surprised that no one has posted any reviews about this lighter since the GB just recently ended. I was lucky enough that Pete ordered extras and I was able to score a couple from him even after the GB order was placed. Many many thanks to you Pete!

Lets start off with some pics.

EverTorchM0131N006.jpg

EverTorchM0131N007.jpg

My initial impressions of the lighter was "WOW, soft and torch flames in one lighter! COOL!!!!" I've always liked simple yet functional designs. The lighter is designed very much like that of a typical Dupont. That's what drew me to this lighter. This is a solid feeling lighter. At no point did I think this thing was flimsy in construction. Nice painted green and black stripes and and there is even a nice "ping" to it when you pop the top. Again, much alike to a Dupont but it doesn't quite get the noise down perfect.

EverTorchM0131N008.jpg

EverTorchM0131N009.jpg

The flame is actuated by a roller that strikes the flint causing spark and then the soft flame. There is a small button next to the roller that when depressed will move the flame from the primary nozzle to the secondary torch style nozzle. I've yet to get a chance to use either to light up a cigar as I've been feeling a little under the weather but I can't imagine it to have any issues properly toasting the foot. It is just a lighter after all.

All in all I'd have to say I'm very happy with this lighter. It's not exactly a Dupont but for ~$50 it has both soft and torch flames. The look and feel is good. I only have a little bit of concern on the wear of the painted black and green stripes on this lighter. It kind of sucks because I know I'll be careless and nick up the nice paint on this one. I have another one in NYC that I have yet to see but that one is just a brushed metal finish so scratching that wouldn't be as noticeable.

Thanks so much to Pete (replicant_argent) for setting up the GB and even more so for ordering enough extras for me to get in after the fact. A note to those looking for this lighter, I tried searching online for this lighter and couldn't find anything. I'd hit up Pete to see if he can get more or is willing to setup another GB. Thanks to all for reading.

I have to agree this seems to be a well constructed lighter. I have used it a few times and the duel flames come in handy. I use the torch to toast the foot and then use the soft flamb to fully light the cigar. I am very happy with it, and if another GB pops up I may pick up another one. Thanks for puting the GB together Pete.:tu

I love this lighter. I picked up the all stainless steel and diagonally etched one for myself and a few of the other ones with colors for xmas presents. I just love how heavy it feels and how sharp it looks. I too torch the foot and then use the soft flame to continue to light. One refill seems to last me through about 10 days of 2 sticks a day.

A side note, when you open the lid, you are activating the butane.
I know it is no Ronson, but I will shed a tear when the mechanics of this lighter break. It will either be with the dual nozzle or the lid activator portion.

One other thing...someone needs to capture the detail of the butane filler nozzle and flame strength/height adjuster. Those are just soo cool.

Back