Experimentation

tundra06

Young Ape
Today I went to the local B&M in search of Perdomo ESV 91. When the salesperson showed them to me I noticed there were only in the natural and maduro wrapper versions. I asked if there was a cameroon wrapper and he took me out of the walk-in humi and showed me to another which housed another batch of smokes. The cameroon wrapper sticks sold in three packs for $50. These were in tubes and when I opened one and took it out for viewing and smelled it. All I can say is wow!! That thing smelled so good I almost bought the three pack. The cameroon wrapper smelled like a box of sunmaid raisins. I can only imagine would it would taste like. Anyway, I went on and bought the single natural wrapper version. I hope it measures up to the cameroon. I'll give my review tomorrow.:tu

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try. Too bad these were wrapped in cello. The cameroon was in a tube, but costed too much.

The cameroon wrapper sticks sold in three packs for $50. These were in tubes and when I opened one and took it out for viewing and smelled it.... .... I went on and bought the single natural wrapper version.
so, you opened up a tubo and didnt buy it? you compramised the seal on a cigar that is supposed to stay sealed and you didnt buy it. I hope the next person that picks it up/buys it doesnt care. some people do ya know.

so, you opened up a tubo and didnt buy it? you compramised the seal on a cigar that is supposed to stay sealed and you didnt buy it. I hope the next person that picks it up/buys it doesnt care. some people do ya know.

Compromised the seal? It's not like he broke into shrinkwrap or something. You open the tube and then close it...what's the big deal? Besides, how are you supposed to buy a cigar before laying eyes on it?

I like the ESV in natural so much that the first person that responds to this thread and PMs me their address with get a 3 pack.

Compromised the seal? It's not like he broke into shrinkwrap or something. You open the tube and then close it...what's the big deal? Besides, how are you supposed to buy a cigar before laying eyes on it?

I like the ESV in natural so much that the first person that responds to this thread and PMs me their address with get a 3 pack.

That's the point.....you should only lay eyes on it.

Now think about this...if 20 guys picked up the same tube and opened it up, held it up to their nose and took a good sniff, would you really want to buy that cigar after 20 people had their paws and noses on it.

I really hate it when people walk in the humidor and start picking up sticks and holding it to their noses and smelling.....wrapped or not. what can you really tell by sniffing the plastic celo on a cigar?

That's the point.....you should only lay eyes on it.

Now think about this...if 20 guys picked up the same tube and opened it up, held it up to their nose and took a good sniff, would you really want to buy that cigar after 20 people had their paws and noses on it.

I never said you should remove a cigar from a tube and fondle it but I don't have a problem with someone opening the tube and looking at it.

This is the primary reason cigars come in cello because people in a B&M will pick them up and smell them and they get damaged and unsellable that way.

I am a newb and didn't know the ratifications of opening the tube and smelling the cigar. I guess I took the opportunity that was offered. I am about to light up the one I bought in a couple of minutes.

Long shot it's still out there, but what the hey? :D

Honestly i dont understand, metal tubos are not "sealed" they are for basic protection of the cigar. I have opened every tubed cigar ive ever bought (i dont like suprises), i want to look at it the same way i do a non-tubed cigar. If its a clear glass tubo then thats a different story.

I was under the impression that the ambient humidity was stored in the cigar itself and not the tube. The tube is more of a way to protect the cigar and opening and closing it would not mess with the humidity much, especially when opened in a humidor.

If the RH of your local B&M is higher than in the room where the cigar was sealed then I can possibly see the harm, other than touching an unprotected stick. I could be wrong on this.

I also hate when people smell sticks, other than thier own:tu

Long shot it's still out there, but what the hey? :D

WINNARRR!!

Received three Toro sized ESV Nats today. I'm excited to give them a try :ss

Thanks brother!

i hate people picking up cigars and sniffing them also. they pick up a bunch of them and i ask if someone has a cold or runny nose would you want to follow that person. then they squezze them and you tell them not real hard because a lot of them today have such thin wrappers and you could split them.

Back