Famous Nic 3000

gvarsity

mr. mom
Stopped by the local elks lodge for a drink and a smoke. This had been resting in my coolerdor for about 10 weeks. I have been flirting with smoking one of these for about a month but kept putting it off. I think I'll wait another ten before I have another. Not that it wasn't good but I now understand why people have said you need to be patient with these.

This was a beautiful cigar. Evenly firm, velvety wrapper, even color, smelled heavenly.

Lit and burned very evenly until the last inch where it began to canoe.

First inch was pretty tough. Not harsh exactly more sharp and very strong leathery tobacco flavor. Not the most pleasing taste but tolerable. I purged this quite a bit.

The ash was quite firm and held for about 1.5 inches and the fell razor straight.

After the first inch the flavor really opened up. I can't tell you the specific flavor notes but it mellowed and became much less sharp more spicy sweet than leathery and was quite enjoyable. Once it started to canoe it also got sharp again and I let it go out.

This was a good cigar and a particularly good value cigar. I attribute the sharpness to being young and needing more age. I suspect that with 3-4 more months on these the flavor profile will be more like the middle 2-3 inches all the way through.

Now I'm somewhat of a harsh grader but completely subjectively I would give this a 7.5 out of 10.

Sounds like a good one to try, I'll have to pick a couple up if I can find em.... Glad you had a good smoke, the burn of my Italia ruined it for me :( I still nubbed it though! Thanks for the review too.

- Tyler

These are the only bundle cigar I smoke.

Thanks for the review. Hitting the golf course today with a few of these.

I've only smoked one and it was a great expierence. It wasn't aged that long but I'm guessing it would probably mellow out. But great cigar for its price period.

Nice Review!! I also smoked my first Famous Nic 3000 recently. I was hearing so much about these cigars that I had to buy a bundle. I went for the torpedo size and they arrived a few days ago.

I was really excited to try these cigars so i lit one up with only a couple days in the humi.

I must say, even fresh, i really enjoyed this cigar. It had a sweet taste that I've never tasted in other cigars. Absolutely no harshness, perfect draw, great burn.

The sweetness and full bodiedness reminded me of when you try to eat a very rich dessert after a big meal. It tastes sooo good but you feel soo bloated after.

I can't wait to try more of these when they have a bit of age on them.

Funny, I was about to write a review on this stick, but qvarsity has it covered, so im just adding instead of making a new thread

Back