Favorite Ashtons

What is your favorite Ashton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff

Head to the grindstone...
Been wondering about Ashton cigars for over a year now. Finally decided to work my way through their lineup. So I have something to compare my findings to, I'd like to know what models everyone else enjoys the most.

The VSG for sure, but i found they can be a bit inconsistant as far as taste. Some have a great smooth spicy flavor, other seems to be bland. I must say though i have never had a bad VSG torp.

I've had only VSGs and (1) Classic. Didn't like the Classic - it actually tasted like butter, and was very mild. Liked the VSGs a lot (Torpedo better than Illusion), and want to try Puro Sol next...

So far I like the aged Maduro best....I'm aging a VSG I was gifted right now to see if I like it better than the first.

VSG Robusto is one of the best cigars I've ever had. I wish I could afford to make that one my goto.

Ashton classics are okay, but AVO classics blow them out of the water.

Cabinets and Heritage are good, but I prefer Fuente 858's and Hemmingways.

Aged Maduro just didn't do a thing for me, especially considering the price. Give me an 858 maduro or Double Chat Maduro instead any day.

I have to go with the majority.

The VSG are probably their best cigar that they have.

I like the big Spellbounds at a nice barbeque or when I have along time to smoke a big boy !

I actually really like the classics. Very smooth, and a nice buttery, tobacco-y taste. These are one of my favorite cigars. I also LOVE the Puro Sols. They are very good. I don't think the classics are for everyone, but I like them.

Haven't had one yet, the price and my (disability) budget don't mesh very well. But I hope to someday - it gives me something to look forward to. If you're healthy be thankful, and take care of yourself, this getting old ain't for sissies. :D

Don't care much for any of the Ashton line. Funny story; I was at work a couple weeks ago (I am a tobacconist) and a rep for Ashton came in and began to talk about the line of cigars he represents, as all reps do. Now even though I had already had a cigar in hand, a Domaine AVO, this rep tries to get me to put my AVO down and smoke an Ashton. I politley refused his offer and continued to enjoy the AVO. The rep tries several more times and I politely refuse agian. After the rep leaves, he calls the owner of the store and complains that I didn't smoke one of his sticks. The owner and I got a good laugh out of it. I do like the La Aroma de Cuba line, which is made by Ashton. That line has alot to offer.

croatan said:
I really enjoy the VSG profile. The rest of the line doesn't do a whole lot for me, though.
:tpd:

VSG or nothing. The rest are way too bland and flat.

cloud of... said:
Don't care much for any of the Ashton line. Funny story; I was at work a couple weeks ago (I am a tobacconist) and a rep for Ashton came in and began to talk about the line of cigars he represents, as all reps do. Now even though I had already had a cigar in hand, a Domaine AVO, this rep tries to get me to put my AVO down and smoke an Ashton. I politley refused his offer and continued to enjoy the AVO. The rep tries several more times and I politely refuse agian. After the rep leaves, he calls the owner of the store and complains that I didn't smoke one of his sticks. The owner and I got a good laugh out of it. I do like the La Aroma de Cuba line, which is made by Ashton. That line has alot to offer.

That is a funny story. I have met a few of the Ashton rep's. They are "interesting guys." I agree with you on the La Aroma de Cuba's. Much better cigar for the money. The only Ashton that I like is the VSG. All the others are very smooth, but they lack any real solid flavor profile. I feel the same way about the Dominican Cohibas...

cloud of... said:

He insisted you smoke it right there and then? I would have just accepted it and put it aside for later.

cloud of... said:
Now even though I had already had a cigar in hand, a Domaine AVO, this rep tries to get me to put my AVO down and smoke an Ashton. I politley refused his offer and continued to enjoy the AVO. The rep tries several more times and I politely refuse agian. .

If the Opus X Rep comes in . . . . take 'em all, I'll send you my addy!

Back