Favorite Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper

as soon I saw this thread, I was thinking the CUBAO, wow what a smoke. I fell in love with these as soon as I got past the .5 inch Pepin spice opener. Rich rich flavorful smoke from EO. Which others cigars are wrapped in this?

The Anniversario was my favorite cigars for a long time. I still think it is one of the prettiest cigars to smoke. Love how those little veins in the wrapper turn almost white as you smoke it.

Interesting enough, the Graycliff 1666 (which I think is pretty good) has an Ecuadorian Sumatra binder. Interesting!

Ecuador Sumatra is among the most versatile wrapper tobaccos in the world- you can grow it from Connecticut shade light, to deep rosado, to sungrown strong, to blisteringly rich maduro. Every priming off the plant has a very different taste. Every slight variation in the length and temperature of fermentation yields huge changes. We grow many thousands of pounds of it every year (some for sale, some for our own use) If there is interest here, we could create an Ecuador Sumatra Sampler, with a group of cigars that give you the whole spectrum of flavors that are possible with this spectacular leaf.
Let me know:cb

Ecuador Sumatra is among the most versatile wrapper tobaccos in the world- you can grow it from Connecticut shade light, to deep rosado, to sungrown strong, to blisteringly rich maduro. Every priming off the plant has a very different taste. Every slight variation in the length and temperature of fermentation yields huge changes. We grow many thousands of pounds of it every year (some for sale, some for our own use) If there is interest here, we could create an Ecuador Sumatra Sampler, with a group of cigars that give you the whole spectrum of flavors that are possible with this spectacular leaf.
Let me know:cb

That's a very cool idea! :)

Ashton VSG. Oh, man! And the wrapper has a lot to do with me love for that line. I've only had the corona gorda and the robusto. I like the corona gorda because I could taste the wrapper more. I'm 90 percent sure it has a ecuadorian sumatra wrapper.

Ashton VSG. Oh, man! And the wrapper has a lot to do with me love for that line. I've only had the corona gorda and the robusto. I like the corona gorda because I could taste the wrapper more. I'm 90 percent sure it has a ecuadorian sumatra wrapper.

The VSG is a sun grown wrapper.

I've got about 3 La Escepcion 2002 Series III Frank Llaneza left out of a box I bought around 5 years ago. I believe the wrapper is Ecuador Sumatra & it is still beautifully oily. The cigars taste really good after their 5 year sleep.

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention to which cigars have Ecuadorian Sumatra wrappers. I had a Cubao last night, though, which was great. I'm smoking an Arnold's House Blend No II tonight, which has that wrapper, and it is really good. If VSGs have Ecuadorian Sumatra wrappers, well, they are one of my faves.

Back