Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I don't like any Gurkha's

Votes: 25 26.9%

• Total voters

Woogie

Lowland Gorilla
Since the CAO poll was popular, which is everyones favorite Gurkha? I enjoy the Legend, Ancient Warrior, Genghis Khan, and the G3. However, the Legend is my favorite. I haven't tried the Regent. (It might take me a second to type in all the Gurkhas for the poll).

Woogie

I've liked 2/6 Legends I've smoked. It seems that they benefited quite a bit from just 4 months of rest time, I think they'll make great aging smokes :).

Is Gurkha still making the Grand Envoy? That was a good smoke, but I haven't seen em around for a while.

im border line "No GUrkhas" except one cigar... now its gone but CI carried them for a while. it was called the Grand Envoy. it was a hearty 5x56 and it was one of the rare maduros that isnt even close to black. just dark caramel brown but the maduro process produced INSANE oils and flavor in each sample i had.

any one else have the chance to try a Gran Envoy?

OMG Fumioso just beat me to the punch! Im with ya brotha!
Is Gurkha still making the Grand Envoy? That was a good smoke, but I haven't seen em around for a while.

I have tried a few and the only one, I kind of enjoyed, was a Diplomat, which was mild/medium in strength but offers a tasty flavor profile.

Johnny

im border line "No GUrkhas" except one cigar... now its gone but CI carried them for a while. it was called the Grand Envoy. it was a hearty 5x56 and it was one of the rare maduros that isnt even close to black. just dark caramel brown but the maduro process produced INSANE oils and flavor in each sample i had.

Yea, I really liked the Grand Envoy. I didn't realize they were out of production or that they were maduros, as a buddy gave me one about 6 months ago, and I didn't pay for it myself. The band on them looked pretty much like the Master Selects, but the foot had a black ribbon on it with some multi-colored design woven in, if I remember correctly. I thought it was a fine smoke. I can't believe all the hate for Gurkha. I mean, my biggest complaint about Gurkhas is the gaudy MSRPs attached to them, but if you consider what any sane person pays for them on CBid, they make real good smokes for the price point. I've really enjoyed the Legends, Grand Envoy, Master Selects, Regents, and Ltd. Expeditions. The Doble Maduros aren't bad, but seem to really suffer from fragile wrapper issues. Aside from construction flaws with that line, however, they all burn like a dream, and taste pretty good too. :2

OMG Fumioso just beat me to the punch! Im with ya brotha!

:tpd:

The Gran Envoy is a fine cigar that gets even better with some age. I have a few left and wish I could find some more. Also like the Legend Torpedo, Master Select Robusto #4, G3 and really liked the Vintage Shaggy Torpedo I had a few days ago. I seem to be in the minority but have not liked the Napelese Warrior at all.

Frank

I guess I should have added the Nepalese Warrior to the list, but I forgot too. I haven't tried this one either.

20 years ago I woke up next to a girl the had puked in the bed. The Grand Reserve I smoked the other night smelled the same.

ahhh, you either love em or hate em, from what I can tell. I like most of the Gurkhas I've tried across the board....not all, mind you...just most

Back