Favorite Palatte Cleansers

Jeff

Head to the grindstone...
Everybody seems to have their favorite palette cleaners. Really discovered the benefits of resetting my palette while at SHII. With so many top notch cigars being smoked, it helped me to avoid tongue burnout.

I can highly recommend orange sherbet as an effective palatte cleanser. I think its the combination of the orange flavor and the coldness that is so refreshing.

Anyone else want to share their special palatte cleanser? :)

Citrus is supposed to be good. Maybe that is why the sherbet worked for you. I have had luck with lemon squirted in some ice water, but that doesn't really qualify as special. Maybe I am getting a placebo effect...

Ginger in any form is a great palate cleanser - true, real ginger ale and "Gari" - the pickled ginger served with sushi - are among the best. I have been to Thai places that serve cucumber juice as a palate cleanser, and that worked well too. Chewing gum products dont do a whole lot of anything for me, personally - they just mask one flavor with another.

Jeff said:
Wish I could get that here. Its a shamed they switched from real cane sugar to corn syrup.

Could try Jarritos Cola from a Mexican restaurant or grocer. That is 100% sugar with no HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). It tastes a lot better than Coca-cola to me personally.

Jeff said:
Wish I could get that here. Its a shamed they switched from real cane sugar to corn syrup.

I love it. I can only get it in single 12oz glass bottles but I usually pick up 6-12 at a time. Where are you?

omowasu said:
Could try Jarritos Cola from a Mexican restaurant or grocer. That is 100% sugar with no HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). It tastes a lot better than Coca-cola to me personally.

I like Jarritos too, I like several of their fruit flavors. I just prefer the Coca-Cola to the Jarritos cola though it's not bad.

omowasu said:
Ginger in any form is a great palate cleanser - true, real ginger ale and "Gari" - the pickled ginger served with sushi - are among the best.

Wow. I always thought "ginger" ale meant ginger, as in soft ("gingerly picked up the baby"). So "soft ale", and not "ale made out of ginger". Wow, you learn new things every day. :)

Fresh grapes from the vine.. the ones with seeds. They are sweet... really tart etc. They totally destroy all things you have tasted before they work WONDERS.. just dont over do it lol then u wont taste much for awhile

Back