Favorite setting to smoke?

Sigarz

Gorilla
Where, when and how does everyone prefer to enjoy a smoke?

for me its 65-70 degrees F, NO wind, clear night, stars above, no bugs, sitting in a comfortable chair with either my laptop and clubstogie, or a bottle of grahams vintage 85 port, or Courvoisier VSOP (never tried the XO) cognac.

That to me would be perfection. :D :D :D

I think everytime I smoke, in its own way, is special. In the mornings, watching the sun rise over the bay with a nice cup of coffee is ideal, but smoking with a few buddies and talking trash is ideal too, in a different way. Does that make sense to anyone else but me?

because the senses of taste and smell are so closely related and dependent on each other, I prefer to smoke in an environment without much wind. I hate smoking under a fan.

also, smoking and drinking go hand in hand for me so I prefer to have some sort of libation while I smoke.

With those two criteria filled, I would choose entertainment as my third and final preference. I don't care if it's the internet, a good book/magazine or a fellow smoker. Most cigars last for an hour or two and I need something to keep my brain occupied for the duration of any smoke.

Last edited:
My deck is the ideal place as long as the weather is good. Nice cigar and a little scotch is for a perfect day.

If bad weather we move to the man cave/garage and soon we will be in the new smoking/humi room.

Sitting on the porch of our cabin, listening to the sound of the river and the occasional deer or elk wander by.

I can enjoy a cigar just about anytime anywhere, but by far my favorite time to smoke is early morning before the suns up with coffee of espresso.

Before the air is filled with the sounds of birds, traffic, telephones and people, it's the most peaceful time of the day.

I smoke a cigar for breakfast nearly ever day,

Dmntd

Some years ago in New York City, I used to smoke with a wealthy older gentleman, now deceased, at his home on the upper East side.
He had a large living room hung with exquisite paintings by Monet, Pissarro and Sisley. When I visited him we would sit in overstuffed armchairs smoking Davidoff Punch (Cubans), gazing at the paintings and talking about them.

For me, that experience cannot ever be duplicated, and is unforgettable.

For sheer peace and quiet I smoke in the car with the sun roof open and the windows half way down. Smoking on the patio with a couple of buddies is the best though. Larry.:)

Camping in the mountains sitting around the fire with a group of very good friends!! My wife and I do that about once a month. Most other times I sit in my shop/cigar room around all of my tools usually watching sports.
WHOO RA!!

RR

anytime im with the Pokers Patio Posse, Deck Boys, or the S.H.I.T crew.... actually anytime im with friends... dosent matter where it is COUPLE of OLD SH!TTY STICKS AND FRIENDS good to go...

anytime im with the Pokers Patio Posse, Deck Boys, or the S.H.I.T crew.... actually anytime im with friends... dosent matter where it is COUPLE of OLD SH!TTY STICKS AND FRIENDS good to go...

Exactly what I was thinking even before I read your post, Son.

Anywhere I can share my passion for cigars with other people that feel the same way (whether we talk about cigars, sports, movies, music or whatever). After that I prefer a quiet setting where I can enjoy my cigar uninterrupted and just relax.

scottie

I love sitting on the second step of the pool in a lounge chair and throwing the balls for the dogs. Obviously this is great in the summer, but I'm still trying to find my favorite Winter spot.

Best place I've found that I really enjoy is sitting out on the deck watching the dog's wrestle around, grilling some steaks, and a cold drink while enjoying a good smoke. Works best in the warmer weather and sunshine.:rolleyes:

Back