Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Just find some Quintero Brevas

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Splurge and get a box of AF SG Chateaus

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
So I now have a decent stable of big and medium ring gauge stogies aging in my Vicksburg, but i've recently (with the cold weather) found myself needing a shorter smoke. I'd also like something less expensive, because I don't always have the time to really enjoy them, and so I won't feel bad if I get interrupted halfway and have to toss them away. From what i've been reading Arturo Fuente makes some good, inexpensive short smokes, and I picked up one of each to tray, but I wanted to see what other people found they liked.

Please comment on what you liked, and whether you preffered the natural or maduros. I'm looking to get a box or two, so I can let some age while I rotate through my stock.

EDIT: Damn, I forgot to add AF Curly Heads as a poll option. Can a Mod do that?

Last edited:
If it's a short smoke you want, the Exquisitos are great. They sometimes can be found in sun grown too.

I only live once, so you have to splurge every no and then. Unfortunately I find myself splurging too much for the budget. :hn

For a short NC smoke, I am really liking the AF Gran Reserva Petit Corona's. They are inexpensive (relatively), quick to smoke, and taste great. At 5x38rg, they are perfect for about 1/2 hour. At box price, you can get as low as 2.20ea. They are 2.80-3.00 in a B&M.

I like the maduro Brevas - do they come in natural? Second choice would be curleyhead original.

AF Exquisitos - the maduro has a very flavorful smoke. Although one sided I still liked it better than the padron mini cigars. Every other curly head deluxe I've tried to smoke had been rolled so poorly I was drawing air.

I had an AF Exquisito maduro last night that was a gift from CigarGal (thanks CG!) that I enjoyed throroughly. I had the natural on a previous occasion and didn't really care for them but the maduro was great. Similar taste to the maduro Rothschild, though you can't draw as often or as hard.

Looks like Serious has the maduro and sungrown in stock, I'm headed that way so I think I'll pick up a handful of each while I'm down there.

I like the curly head or the curly head deluxe.

My dad is a big fan of these so I always keep some on hand.

Curlyhead deluxe are top notch!!! Curlyhead original comes in a box of 40 and you can find them for under 60.00 easy.

Munt

I bought a box of 50 brevas natural here . I have been very satisfied with them, but I don't hold very high expectations of them either. THey definitely give you a taste of the classic Fuente flavor, and are a perfect smoke for short breaks at work.

No, and in fact the curly heads might be too long for what i'm looking for. Just a quick winter smoke that I can enjoy, fast enough to not freeze my nuts off, that I won't feel bad over if I can't get all the way through it.

Back