Favorite?

cbsmokin

Lowland Gorilla
I hear all you guys talk about your favorite smokes, but I don't have one. For me it is more like I go through trends.

Right now I am keeping 3 sticks in my top tray. AF Hemingway Signature, RP Edge Sumatra, and Don Pepin Blue.

For awhile I was on a Don Lino Africa kick.

I also rotate in Oliva G and Nestor for the cheapies.

Am I the weird one, or is it you who is so faithful to one stick?

What makes a stick your favorite, and for how long does it stay your favorite?

I'm like you, I can't/won't pin down a favorite, at least not yet. There are still far too many cigars I've never tried to name a favorite now. In fact every time I go to the B&M I go in having made up my mind, and as soon as I walk in and see all the various sticks, it (my mind) begins rapidly changing and I've yet to walk out with the stick I had in mind when I walked in.

If you happen to have a favorite stick, well then kudos to you, it's just to difficult for me.

I agree. I go through trends where I like different smokes better than others. With that being said, I always seem to go back to Rocky Patel Corojo when I don't know what smoke sounds good, or I just pick one up for the road.

Woogie

Any time someone on here asks for a specific favorite, the first few posts will stick to that, but then the next 5 pages are 2, 3,4 + favorites. The favorite waxes and wanes with tastes at the time, etc. So you're not the only one.

My favorite smoke would be the Camacho Triple Maduro. I just really enjoy the taste and its always a consistent smoke. I usually have atleast a box on hand in my desktop humi on top shelf. I'm a conservative type person, i wouldn't want to try something coming home after a long day of school or work, and not enjoy a cigar, thus i choose my favorite "go to" cigar that will always please me. I'm sure the phase will wear off when i try some other smokes.

For me "favorite" means more of - I know what I'm getting into. Sometimes I really want a good smoke and don't want a surprise, either a tough draw, bad flavor, etc. I have a few that always seem to give a consistant smoke and I'm comfortable with them. I can pick from the flavor to how heavy a body I want and then relax.

Other days I'm feeling more adventurous, reach in for a trade item and see what happens.

I hear all you guys talk about your favorite smokes, but I don't have one. For me it is more like I go through trends.

Right now I am keeping 3 sticks in my top tray. AF Hemingway Signature, RP Edge Sumatra, and Don Pepin Blue.

For awhile I was on a Don Lino Africa kick.

I also rotate in Oliva G and Nestor for the cheapies.

Am I the weird one, or is it you who is so faithful to one stick?

For me its usualy Oliva G's, but at the moment its Onyx Reserves. I try not to let my self get burned out on any one stick.

Nope I have a few favs. The anejo 46 is a top 3 and the don carlos #3 or #4 is also a top 3. Most other fuente stuff is at least a top 10, like the hemingway and hemi maddies, chateaus and chateau maddies, 8-5-8 nats or maddies, king B sg, and many others. I do rotate my cigars I smoke but mostly just too try other sticks and see if I like them. But I only have boxes of mostly fuente, a couple perdomo and CAO boxes.

I am a true fuente and perdomo whore. :tu

AF Hemingway Signature, RP Edge Sumatra, and Don Pepin Blue.

Some good smokes you got there. The answer to the question as every good gorilla will tell you is this: My favorite is the one that I'm smoking right now. Now if your refering to a "Go To Smoke", then that depends on the smoker. My go to smoke usually varies, just as you do. I smoke a lot of Don Pepin's, Rocky Patels, and Montecristo's. Hope that gives you some insight.

Right now, if I was stuck on a desert island and could only have one cigar, it'd be a PAM26. There's a bazillion sticks I have yet to try, so I'm sure something may dethrone that stick, but right now that's what it is.

My "go-to" cigar is Padron 2000 or 3000's.
My fave NC cigar is probably Tatuaje Zona del Este, but cant afford it to be my "go-to"

Right now I am on a Fonseca Habana Seleccion kick supplanted by some Oliva Series G cigars. I am looking at picking up some RP Vintage 92s to broaden my horizons.

Hmm...if I had to pick a favorite BRAND, it'd be the Ashton VSG line. Any size, any shape.

If I couldn't choose a VSG, and I was stuck on a deserted isle with only 1 cigar to smoke the rest of my time there (granted, there'd be an endless supply of them haha) it could very well be an AF Cuban Belicoso Sun Grown. That is a delicious smoke for the price.

I'm still looking for some new favorites, but when I just want to sit and enjoy a good stick I pick 1 that I really like. Other nights it could be something new or something a little stronger or tastier that I just feel like smoking. Smoked a CI Legend by Perdomo the other night that I really liked and it will probably be added to my favorite list. My current go to is a Gurkha Master Select and the wife likes the Fonseca Vintage.

Consistency!!!:ss

My current fav. is a 3000, (like many others on this site), but I have several others that I enjoy that won't break the bank...Torano, Patel, El Rey Del Mundo.

I have not had the pleasure of sampling a Cuban, Padron Anny or any other high end cigar so the thousand series will probably be my favorite for quite some time.

Back