Felipe Dominicana

Master of Disaster

Maturing Primate
I've had one of these in my humidor since 2004. I don't know how old it was before that, because I got it in a trade here on CS. (That was before trader feedback existed). I smoked this last night, and I had to put it out only 2-3 inches into it.

It had a taste that I recognized as having tasted once before. <cue flashback music> In 2003 I bought a bundle of unbanded dog rockets for under a dollar a stick from JR. They were awful and I gave them all to my grandpa. <end flashback>

This Felipe Dominicana wasn't awful, but it had the same taste, and it was enough to remind me of awful. The question is, did it "go bad" with age? I have never had one before to compare it to. I have had it in a less-than-perfectly regulated humidor, but I know i have never let the humidity drop to "dry". The one common denominator between this Felipe and the JR dog rockets was the Connecticut shade wrapper. Does that just taste bad?

Thoughts?

Chris

i had one gifted by smokin5 the other day & thought it was a pretty good breakfast smoke-mild but enough flavor to be worth it

Back