Fight Night-Padron Serie 1926 40th Anniversary Torpedo Natural vs. Maduro

Papichulo

DIABLO CANOSO
Fight Night-Padron Serie 1926 40th Anniversary Torpedo Natural vs. Maduro. They are both 61/2 X 54 in size. As all Padron lovers know these anniversaries are hard to come by. If you stumble across any I really recommend picking some up before they are gone. I am not sure how long this line will be around. I really hope this line never goes away. As I have mentioned in the past the cigar bands are exquisite on the whole Serie 1926 line. Padron’s attention to the finest detail is evident in every aspect.

I embarked this memorable journey with the natural wrapped cigar. I paid $31 for her down in Ft Walton Beach, Florida when I was at an Altadis sponsored herf; granted Padron is not Altadis product, but I could not resist in purchasing one. I have seen these sell for up to $50… I started off this once in a lifetime battle with the natural. Picked her up and gently handled and smelled the richness of its flawless triple Nicaraguan construction. The tobacco wrapper reminds me of a premium Ecuadorian leaf with very fine veins. I gracefully torched and primed her before I held her to my lips. As soon as she touched my lips I started to salivate. After about the first inch I started to taste the deep rich soils of Nicaragua. The flavor that complimented the earthiness were that of fine Italian leather, paprika and Swiss dark chocolate. The ash was flaky grey and white and held for a couple of inches and of course I had to utilize my black ceramic gold accented Padron ashtray. The draw was medium and emitted generous amounts of white smoke. The essence of the smoke was a bouquet of tobacco bliss, which I find common with many Padron. This beauty lasted over 90 minutes and I tried to pace myself and not smoke it like a train. It is often hard for me to resist smoking it fast, but as my gorillas have often mentioned in Club Stogie I maintained my patience so I would be able to fully enjoy the complex flavors. Towards the end the flavor changed up into cedar and pine. In my opinion this Latin queen is medium/full-bodied with a fine finish. I smoked her to the nub.

After experiencing the natural version of these work-of-arts I had a steak and bake potato dinner followed by a small dish of lime sorbet with my son to cleanse my pallet. All I could think about at dinner was returning to my computer to indulge in the sinless maduro Serie 1926 40th Anniversary cigar to battle the natural. I was fortunate to pick this cigar for a meager $25 at The Humidor in San Antonio, Texas and as the natural I have seen the maduro version go for as much as $50. Usually the Padron Anniversary 1964 Millinium breaches the $50 - $60 mark, but I have smoked those as well and still find the Padron Serie 1926 Maduro being more enjoyable. As with the natural I gently inspected the construction and pre-light aroma, which was flawlessly divine as her sister. The wrapper was dark and oily just like I like it. As customary I toasted her and lit her with my dual-torch lighter after snipping the top portion of her crown. I usually only wait until after the first inch of ash to comment on the flavor profile and I will do same with this review. Intense complex robust flavors of French roasted coffee and dark chocolate and toasted macadamia nuts penetrated my pallet with nice long finish that I savored. Once again I had to slow down. The ash was razor sharp with what appeared to be a whiter ash then the natural. As usual I dropped the ash on my wife’s rug; good thing she is out of town. The ash was three inches long and perfectly straight. Halfway through the flavor profile started to warm up and I experienced additional flavors of floral notes and brandy. I find the maduro to be more full-bodied and smoother then the natural. This cigar is not for the novice and you seasoned smokers know what I am talking about. I smoked her to the nub to not only savor each moment of this indulgence, but to get my $4 per inch value.

The Serie 1926 40th Anniversary maduro line is not the strongest full-bodied cigar out there, but I would argue to say it is one of the most complex cigars on the market. I rate the natural at a low to mid 9 on a scale of 1 to 10 and rate the maduro a PERFECT 10. That is it, a PERFECT 10. :ss

My next adventure is to locate and purchase an Padron Serie 1926 80th Anniversary, but from what I understand is not available to the public and only had a very limited production. If anyone has one for purchase or trade I would love the opportunity to pick one up. I guess if the sun and moons were lined up it might happen. Wish me luck! :D

Anyone who smoked one of or both of these super-premium cigars please provide your feedback.

The pictures below are of the maduro and natural in the first pic; followed by two natural pics.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Aw man, what a wonderful way to spend a day! The 1926's are such amazing cigars! I agree with your ranking of the Natural vs. Maduro. The PAM's are simply one of the best cigars ever made - period! Thanks for "taking one for the team" and offering your review of BOTH the Natural and Maduro at once! Humbling really. :ss

Great review! I have a couple 40th maduro's in the humi waiting to be smoked. I agree with you...they are one of the best hands down.

Back