First cigar..

AAlmeter

HOT for HILLARY!!
...of the fall tonight. And probably one of the first this summer. Opened the humidor for the first time in a while. Still holding at 68% after months of neglect. Grabbed a Torano Tribute that looked good, and took my new smoking buddy for a walk. This was the first cigar in a while that Ive been able to taste (been having some weird stuff happening with the buds). I now remember why I started up with this hobby.

Awesome stuff man, I had my first cigar in a few days tonight. An Opus X. I know a lot of people dont want to spend money on them, but I cant get enough of them!!!

AAlmeter said:
...of the fall tonight. And probably one of the first this summer. Opened the humidor for the first time in a while. Still holding at 68% after months of neglect. Grabbed a Torano Tribute that looked good, and took my new smoking buddy for a walk. This was the first cigar in a while that Ive been able to taste (been having some weird stuff happening with the buds). I now remember why I started up with this hobby.

Congrats. I am firing up my first smoke of Autumn tonight. Opus X here I come.

I'm starting off this fall with one of my Punch Petit Coronation ISOMs.. I know that dave is gonna kill me when he hears that I'm smoking ANOTHER one and that I gave one away to my brother inlaw who appreciates a good cigar now and then..... SELF CONTROL dan.. self control.. YEAH RIGHT!!!

I am smoking a Perdomo Milenario Mistake or 2nd....something like that. I picked up a bundle off of c-bid sometime in the last year & was not impressed, so I threw em in the 72 qt aging plastidor for a little :s .

Damned if they ain't waken up! Not a half bad smoke. :)

psygardelic said:
I'm starting off this fall with one of my Punch Petit Coronation ISOMs.. I know that dave is gonna kill me when he hears that I'm smoking ANOTHER one and that I gave one away to my brother inlaw who appreciates a good cigar now and then..... SELF CONTROL dan.. self control.. YEAH RIGHT!!!

Hey that's cool man. They're yours. I gifted 3 away to my fraternity brothers, but no more. I am letting them rest a little bit though. Maybe I'll have one tonight though. Maybe.

floydp said:
Mine was Punch Gran Cru robusto maduro and I was quite impressed, first one of these..

GREAT cigar, Frank. I think the whole Crand Cru line is under-appreciated.

-Q

I didn't have anything to smoke yesterday...... :(

I wanted to but I just never got the chance. However tonite I'm going out with the guys for a little Monday Night Football and they're buying the drinks if I bring the smokes :) So it looks like tonite I'll be bringing my buddies some RASS, Cohiba Siglo I, Boli PC, Trinidad Reyes, and maybe I'll throw in a Fuente Short Story for the guys that don't smoke a lot.

However for myself I'm bringing a Partagas Lusitania and some Cohiba Clubs...... mmmmm:p

Monday Night Football Rocks!!!

LasciviousXXX said:
I didn't have anything to smoke yesterday...... :(

I wanted to but I just never got the chance. However tonite I'm going out with the guys for a little Monday Night Football and they're buying the drinks if I bring the smokes :) So it looks like tonite I'll be bringing my buddies some RASS, Cohiba Siglo I, Boli PC, Trinidad Reyes, and maybe I'll throw in a Fuente Short Story for the guys that don't smoke a lot.

However for myself I'm bringing a Partagas Lusitania and some Cohiba Clubs...... mmmmm:p

Monday Night Football Rocks!!!

Can I be you buddy. :r

I started the fall season off with a Punch Royal Corojo gifted to me by floydp! I enjoyed that a lot, thanks Frank. Then I moved on to a Partagas Black Clasico and finished the day with a Bolivar Belicoso Fino. Great start to a new season!

I am really diggin' these RP Edge Missle Maduros. The Missles are very much different than the Toro and Torps as they reblended the cigar for the Missle. They really pack a punch! I only have one left though, I think I'll smoke it thursday!!

Well, it sure didn't feel like fall, but I started out with one of Uncle Mikey's Honduran Selection and then a Havana Soul while I was playing golf on Saturday. So, I guess those would technically be my first of the fall, but I don't count it as fall until the air is chilled and crisp...and I can't wait for that day :D :w

steve12553 said:
I started the fall with a Macanudo Hampton Court Maduro. First one of those I've tried. Not Bad.

I love the Hampton Court Maduros myself, very smooth in flavor. Well.... I guess my 1st smoke of the fall was my last Free Cuba churchill that I won on Cbid last winter. Free Cubas are not so great right out of the bundle, but give 'em a good few months and they aren't bad.

Mister Maduro said:
"Originally Posted by steve12553
I started the fall with a Macanudo Hampton Court Maduro. First one of those I've tried. Not Bad."

I love the Hampton Court Maduros myself, very smooth in flavor. Well.... I guess my 1st smoke of the fall was my last Free Cuba churchill that I won on Cbid last winter. Free Cubas are not so great right out of the bundle, but give 'em a good few months and they aren't bad.

I have never been a huge fan of Macanudo although I do like the cigarello sized tins and the Maduros. I've always associated Macanudos with two types of cigar smokers: Newbies and Golfers.. When I think of Macanudo I think of preppy middle agers out on the green wearing their silly shoes and hat.. Nother against golfers (or newbie smokers) though!

However the Macanudo Maduro that my smoke shop stocks has always stood out to me. I'm not sure which macanudo it is, but for $8 this churchill (i think its a churchill, its rather lengthy) is divine. It is the perfect balance of strength of flavor and you can easily smoke it down to the crown.. The last time I smoked one was at a Pow-Wow about two months ago. Ever since I began smoking cigars, the Macanudo maduro continuiously proves time after time to be a great smoke. I highly recommend it to both new and experienced smokers alike...

I'll be lighting up a "Light of Ybor" tonight or tomorrow. I picked up a couple
at King Corona Cigars in Ybor City yesterday. I also have a Don Barco which
will probably get smoked when the father-in-law and I take the Mako 29 out
fishing on Thursday.

Vacation rules. :cool:

Just noticed this thread. My first cigar of the fall was a JL#2 '03. I've really been enjoying those lately--unfortunately though I think that was my last one.

Back