First Review: Alec Bradley "Tempus"

38 Special

Young Ape
alec-bradley_tempus_bands.jpg

I consulted my local chimp cipher (herf of friends), and no one had tried the Tempus, as it has yet to hit our area. So, I ordered a fiver of the Imperator (torpedo) from Atlantic Cigar. I brought 3 of them with me to the family cookout this past weekend. Two of my wife's cousins are gettin married next month, so I thought I'd have a celebratory smoke with the guys to welcome them into the fold. Ok, I’m not that advanced to tell you what kinda leather I tasted or what type of oak or cedar was in it, but I can tell you that we all really enjoyed this cigar. The construction was smooth and the taste was a little sweet and creamy with an occasional "head butt" of spice. In the first third, I tasted some coffee with a little spice kinda like nutmeg. The second third had a little more of a cedar flavor. In the last third, the hint of spice seemed to return for a well rounded smoke full of different flavors. After playing a few rounds of horseshoes, I had to make a quick run to get more ice. We all set them on a tree stump (figuring we would relight them when we returned) and headed to the store. When we got back some ten minutes later, they all were still lit! I looked around for any ghost chimps, but we were the only ones who knew where they were. The burn was slightly uneven at times, but didn’t require any babysitting.

All in all, I give it 4 chestbeaters outta 5!

-Shaun :cb

Thanks for the review! I'm looking forward to trying one of these when I get back to the states. Sounds yummy! :tu

nice review. ...
I bought a box of the Tempus Terra Novos a couple of weeks ago and finally lit one a couple of days ago. Love this smoke!
:cb

ptreed

Back