First review, Brand new Cigar...RP Summer 2008

ucubed

Lowland Gorilla
For those of you who do not know, Rocky Patel day was today for me =). RP is coming out with a new seasonal cigar line and the Summer 2008 will be dropped later this summer, however I was lucky enough to pick up a box and finally smoke one this evening, and I must say it's a very good cigar. Hopefully I'll obtain status to bomb someone and some poor bastard is gonna get it. I took pictures on my phone because I didn't have my camera so sorry for the poor pictures...and I had to end the cigar prematurely because of lack of food. However here it is...

IMG00101.jpg

IMG00102.jpg

Let's start off with the first third of the cigar:
All I heard that it was supposedly it was a medium to full. I lit it up and the smell was just so clean and smooth. The first puff I got a tiny bit of spice and I drew in the smoke very fast, the draw on it caught me off guard. It was such an easy draw. Initial tasting included a tiny bit of something sweet I couldn't describe, maybe like pollen or something. I was thinking, this isn't very full at all, but was I wrong later. It had a slight floral smoke/taste which was strange to me. It was more prominent then other cigars I have smoked, and being a medium/full it was weird. The ash was a bit flaky, but it was a good white color.

IMG00104.jpg

IMG00107.jpg

As you can see it was getting uneven, however I waited and it self evened itself and I was like already a winner. The tastes were very complex, multiple floral like flavors all around, but all not dominant in taste. It was not as harsh as many full body cigars either. As I smoked, it became smoother and the smoke was lighter. The smoke was pretty white and with a blue tint in the smoke. It had a very slight oaky taste to it as well.

IMG00108.jpg

Now comes the 2/3:

Drawing into the sweet spot, things started to hit me. It was building up to be a full body cigar ever so slowly, and the burn was very slow, this sucker took forever to get down. Once the sweet spot came, there was an ever so slight taste of some fruit in the undertone. The smoke became much thicker, much whiter and there was lots of it. New floral tastes came into play that I didn't taste earlier. The oaky/wood taste was a bit more prominent now which was good. It was ashing very nicely until I bumped it and it fell =(. However the top was like an explosion looking tip.

IMG00118.jpg

Being more careful the ash was becoming longer and longer, as the taste was getting fuller and fuller.

IMG00121.jpg

IMG00122.jpg

IMG00114.jpg

IMG00111.jpg

Finale:

Near the end, things starting coming at me very fast. I stood up walked around and new flavors were introduced.

IMG00115.jpg

IMG00116.jpg

IMG00117.jpg

I had to end it prematurely because I had to eat and they were closing.

Closing thoughts:
It is truly a summer cigar. The initial was very floral very light, very nice. Then the full body ness of the cigar started kicking in making it more of a regular cigar, with still the subtle hints of summer. While smoking this cigar it really did remind me of the summer time. I gave this cigar a solid A, something I don't do very often at all. All in all, this smoke is very good, well made, no flaws, I never had to relight it, and it always evened itself out. Truly a cigar to be smoked. And some unlucky fellow will be getting his/her soon. Maybe even another unfortunate fellow too.

The End

Very nice review and sounds like a nice cigar. Some constructive criticism to consider, in future reviews to make them easier to read you may want to cut your pictures down to about 640x480 so they don’t blow out the sides of the frame. Other than that great job and thanks for sharing.:tu

ahah yea I took pictures off from my blackberry...I didn't realize the resolution was set so high, I thought I changed it...sorry =P

So I had a few people ask about the Summer collection asking if they could get some etc. So here's the deal. At the store there is 1 unopened box left and 4 left in the opened box. These are lancero sizes and they sell at 8 bucks a stick right now. I would be more than happy to pick some up, I'm not looking to make money so just pay shipping and the cigar and a buck or 2 extra for pp and I'd be more than happy to ship them out. Gotta let me know asap if you wanted any before they are all gone. BTW I will be back there Wednesday at the earliest

I wouldn't worry too much about the pic size...I liked them...Great review by the way...
Just a funny thing I noticed though...it seems that a lot of B&Ms are putting the Fuentes on a lower shelf these days....

ahaahah, in the picutre, that is probably half the shelf, you take that and multiply it by I think 5 aisles and multiply that by 2 for both sides and add 1 for on off the side and that's about how many types of cigars they have...

I'll have to try one of these sometime. From your review, it really does sound like a cigar made just for summer. Nice review!

This cigar is a true summer cigar, compeletly reminds me of summer, even reminds me of one of my cologne that i own which is summer exclusive...

what's wrong with rp?!?! =P

what's wrong with rp?!?! =P

Nothings wrong with RP... I enjoy the 90 and Edge from time to time. Rocky just seems to come out with new blends as often as I change my underwear. Just seems gimmicky to me. I cant get excited for a new blend when I know next week theres going to be another. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a winter 2008 seasonal blend.

Makes me wonder if hes really a master cigar blender or a money hungry ho :r

Ok rant over........ thats my :2 :tu

lol you will...RP has this new line which is his seasonal blends...so all 4 seaons will have a unique blend out for that season

Back