First Tatuaje....

shemp

Maturing Primate
OK so i'm at my local B&M last night, (Liberty Tobacco in San Diego), and they have boxes of Tat's. They have the brown label ones and the white label ones, I being a cheap bastage, saw the brown labeled ones that are around 9 or 10 bucks a stick, and looked back at the white label series P4 for $3.75. and went to the register. It was an UGLY looking stick all bumpy, but seeing as how i'm not looking for a date but rather a smoke, i overlook that and spark it up........WOW..........what a stick. Peppery with a sweet backbground, and a hint of damp wood, (i know that last part sounds yucky but it was the closest i could describe). I had never seen the white label ones before and so i always stayed away from the Tat's thinking them to be one of many cigars i can't afford, but with these i am able to enjoy also.

Wow...all I can say is pop for a brown label sometime. I feel ya on the pricepoint thing--as someone in college, I'm not looking to spend any more $$$ than I have to.

I've had one white label, and from what I remember, it was pretty good, especially for the price. To be blunt, the brown label Tat is my favorite NC, period. I've had 5, maybe 6 different sizes in it, and each is fantastic (although I've found the best flavor is in the 46-54 RG).

I just think they are phenomenal. I like almost anything that Pepin/Pete Johnson put together, but the Tat brown label is far and away my favorite. It's just full of that rich, peppery, strong flavor...not to mention I feel it in the gut occasionally.

If it means on foregoing a cigar trip down the road, I encourage you to pick up a brown label, at least once.

:D

I like the whites too, the browns may be better but they are different blends. I have heard that the white is the same blend as the red but with short filler but after smoking them side by side I don't think so. With that said the white is a great smoke for the price.

Also try the Ashton Benchmade if you get a chance. They are about the same price, also being a mixed filler made by Pepin, and I think I may have liked them better.

smoke what you like and what you can afford. tats are great. i personally like the browns and blacks, but if you like the whites, stay with them. you can get three of them to one brown. plus, if you don't smoke a brown, you won't know what you're missing!!!!

Glad you liked the white....as stated above the brown labels are excellent....also try the Zona del Este in the Red Label (if you can still find them), another very good cigar in my opinion.

I love the Tat Whites, they're mellow yet very flavorful. A really good cigar on any scale, tremendous-bang-for-the-buck.

I haven't had a white yet but I will.
Try the red if you can I think they are the next price range up. They are really good

I like the whites too, the browns may be better but they are different blends. I have heard that the white is the same blend as the red but with short filler but after smoking them side by side I don't think so. With that said the white is a great smoke for the price.

Also try the Ashton Benchmade if you get a chance. They are about the same price, also being a mixed filler made by Pepin, and I think I may have liked them better.
:tpd:

The whites are a good value smoke. I think they're made with the same tobacco as the red label.

The benchmades are amazing too. Look for the Fumadores at Holts, another great value DPG.

:tpd:

The whites are a good value smoke. I think they're made with the same tobacco as the red label.

The benchmades are amazing too. Look for the Fumadores at Holts, another great value DPG.

is the white label a sandwich filler?

well then that even opens up a new vista of possible smokes for me as i have always shyed away from the sandwich fillers, i guess if it's good leaf, then its good leaf...
Then I highly recommend the Benchmades and Fumadores. They are both mixed fillers blended by Don Pepin. Personally, I enjoy them, you may not.

I've never tried the white labels, but the brown labels are so dang good that it'll be hard to try the others. Well, I might venture out to the black labels. :ss

I've never tried the white labels, but the brown labels are so dang good that it'll be hard to try the others. Well, I might venture out to the black labels. :ss
I prefer the brown label. I would also suggest the Cubao line along with the DPG Blue label. In the end smoke what you like, regardless of price.

Back