First time NUB-er

KLMCCOY

Young Chimp
I have been a big Oliva fan since my first Serie O maduro. I enjoyed quite a few great sticks this past weekend and just had to post on my first NUB, a Habano 454 I believe. Pre-light draw was sweet and spicy. Everything I have read about sweetness from light to finish was absolutely true. Lots of cool creamy smoke. Smooth taste and perfect draw. Not as much spice as I anticipated, even through the nose. Notes of nuts and toast for me with a slightly sweet finish. Perfect burn(close to an hour total) with no touch ups needed. Definite finger-burner. Gotta to get more of those. :ss:tu:tu

Glad you had a good experience. Have loved the Nubs. Especially the cameroons. Though I have had a few with some construction problems. I believe this to be due to the delicacy of the wrapper and the amount of tobacco packed in the cigar. Nice review.

Nice review, I wanted to let the ones in my humidor rest for a little longer...but....it looks like I found my smoke for this evening...

...thanks:ss

Thanks for the nice review. I just bought some and they are on the way. Can't wait to try them. :tu

Thanks for the review. I like the Nubs, especially the Cam. I've seen some construction problems, however. As a brand, I like them almost as much as Padron.

You're right. I should have been more specific and said Padron x000 series.

Actually, I had my first Padron 1964 yesterday. Very, very nice.

I've been dieing to try the cammie nub, and your review convinced me to place an order.

So I just smoked my first Nub Cammie 460, and it's a nice little cigar. There are a number of very subtle flavors that really come to life layered over the stick's leathery core. The wrapper is very fragile, though, and mine cracked almost immediately. At $4/stick, I'm definitely adding this one to my rotation.

I liked the Habano Torpedo (4x64) the most, but over all, I feel like it's just another Oliva. Isolating the 'sweet' spot isn't so simple as just making a shorter cigar (right?)-- unless all the nubs are presmoked down to the length they box them at...lol. I'm under the impression that creating a new 'brand' seperate from Oliva (even though everyone knows its an Oliva) shows their own insecurity with the idea.

Back