Flor de A. Allones Maximo

Moglman

Mountain Hound
This being my go-to cigar for the past few months, i thought I should get a review out there

The wrapper is a beautiful looking medium to dark Ecuador Sumatran, that was a little dry first out of the cabinet and has rather large veins. After 2 weeks in the humi, everything was coming together, and after three months I was amazed. The wrapper is terrifically oily now. The pre-light aroma is, I am not kidding, mocha and espresso. Smells delicious. Pre-light draw was slightly tight on several, but not a problem.

All have lit easily and burned evenly, except for two. I had some canoeing on one of the first I tried, and one was over-moist from a travel humidor I had it in. My fault entirely on that one. The ash is medium grey and firm enough to hold 1" while I'm outside. It all comes down to taste. Most definitely cream and nuts, with the first third a bit of soil, followed by heavy coffee tones. It's medium bodied, and won't bowl you over like a good Oscuro/Dbl Mad, but for me, it wasn't anything close to being too mild.

Recommended. At $3 a pop, a very good buy. By a box, let it rest, enjoy. 8.5/10

i was at the rtda in 2001...around the time this cigar was first released....at a herf in ybor city...i had the chance to meet frankie oliva and his son(the tobacco brokers...not the cigar company)...they supplied the wrapper leaf for this cigar.

there were about 50 open boxes of cigars sitting out and we were all sampling whatever we wanted......the olivas went right for the fda's.....they really are beautiful wrappers...about as nice as you will find.

for some reason however....while i have wanted to like this cigar....something in the blend just doesn't do it for me. no matter what else it has i like a cigar to have some hint of sweetness.....the fda's have lots of coffee...tobacco flavors...but no sweetness to me.

they were billed a super strong heavy ligero sticks when they first came out.....but as you said...they are medium.....kind of a straight forward smoke :w

Back