Flor de Oliva 10th Anniversary

Master of Disaster

Maturing Primate
A buddy of mine is just getting into cigars and I've put him on the Oliva bundles....He's now a big fan...

He just called me from the cigar shop and asked me about the 10th Anniversary (1994)

I hadn't heard of them and i can't find them on Top25... I do see them for sale on various sites...

Any word fellas?

MoD

Hey Master of Diaster,
How long have you been smoking? Honestly this might be a good smoke for a younger smoker. I like the FDO line, but mostly the cameroon wrapper. Here goes my review from my personal log:

Mild to Medium smoke
Flavor: Spicy, at the beginning, but no complexity, stayed the same all the was to the end.
Burn: Burned even, nice ash, burned kinda hot at times.

I would only buy this to give away and keep friends who regularly dont smoke away form the good sticks.

I have had a few. I am a big fan of the FdO bundles and I ran across these in my local shop. They are a little bit different blend than the bundles and they come in a unique box, but overall they are very similar to the FdO's.

Oliva created these in celebration of their 10th anniversary of the FdO brand.

MoD They are not really that different than the FdO bundles. I think they are also a sumatra wrapper. The only thing that I see differentiate them is the fact the the 10th Anni's don't use the sweet vegetable glue. So you don' get that sweet taste.

I'm the buddy he's talking about and now that I've smoked 10 or so I can tell you that, being the novice cigar primate, its pretty similar to the regular FDOs but the wrapper is not as tough as some of the others. Also, they can burn a little hot. But if you are new like me and looking for a decent cheap smoke, they're not too bad!

Back