Flor De Oliva Maduro Toro

mtb996

Gorilla
Had to swing by the mall tonight and found my way to the B&M to look around and see what was interesting. I saw the Flor De Olivas and heard so much about them. I'm always looking for a good, cheap smoke, so I picked up a couple maduro robusto and toros.

Fired up a Toro tonight and was quite disappointed. Man, was this a bitter, twangy cigar. I punched it and it had a nice draw, but that was about the only good quality. The flavors were fairly consistent from start to near finish (I couldn't quite make it to the end as it got too hot), but not enjoyable. The overwhelming flavor was a bitter twang (don't even know how to describe it....). It also burned very hot. This was so harsh I was completely unable to exhale out of my nose.

Oh well, I'll sit on the remainders and see what happens after a few months or years.

Hmm im surprised.. well not really, but kinda.. i bought a bundle of the fdo gold's and love them... and ive smoked the naturals which i though were also good.. maybe the maduros need some time?

thanks for the review! you saved me about $35

Sounds like it was over humidified and needs to dry out a bit in your home humidor.

Gotta agree with :tpd:. But I also was not impressed with this stick. I dunno, maybe you and I expected too much after hearing all the hype???

I tried one this past week and it tasted like a cheap cigar (which it is). I would take one over having nothing at all, but there are better choices for about the same money.

Two of my favorite under $5.00 sticks are the Perdomo Fresco Maduro and the Flor de Oliva Natural. For those that have smoked both the Fresco and FdO maduro, I'm curious to hear the preferences because I've also eyed up the FdO maduros, but have yet to try one.

I agree, had one the other night. Not impressed, also hated the Vegas A... CAO Brazillia is far better than both these cigars, but also more expensive. Sometimes you get what you pay for...

never experienced this with fdo's but i've only had the naturals. I would def say the store you got it from kept it at too high humidity. these cigars are usually pretty good for the price.

I just had a FdO natural torpedo yesterday, and I had the exact opposite experience. The stick was very creamy and a bit sweet, and only got bitter on me for a moment. I purged it and that solved the problem. Maybe you just had a dud?

The naturals are a pretty good smoke. But I'd rather not smoke, than smoke another maduro. I bought a bundle of these last Christmas and just forced myself to smoke the last one a short while ago. rh 65% temp 70 they never got any better. I think I may have permanently damaged my taste buds..
a real dog rocket

I've had the Maduro, Gold and Natural and the natural is the winner for me by far. :2

There is a Corojo too, but I've not tried that one.

Just bought one of these today actually, and was disappointed that they didn't have any maduros, but now I'm glad I grabbed the natural by all accounts...I hope I like it. At this rate of spending I'm at, I need an affordable go-to.

Very very interesting! Bwhaaaaaaa Ha Ha Ha! Let's see if I can change that :tu

I should just make this my avatar.

footinmouth.jpg

Back