Flor de Oliva Robusto Maduro review

Scud

Hairy Knuckle Dragger
This stick has been and will remain my go-to smoke as a knock around cigar while working in the garage/yard or just plain relaxing with an inexpensive stogie. I drove to the water's edge of Lake Michigan this morning on my way into work and torched one. It was a great way to start the day.

Prelight observances: Tightly packed and consistant throughout with no hard or soft spots. Prelight draw, after the cut, was near perfect. I used a Xikar to cut it and had no flaking or unravelling of the cap.

Lighting has always been easy and consistant. I've never had an issue with the Flor de Olivas burning awkwardly or being difficult to light. The initial flavors are nutty, leathery, and woodsy. The first 1/3 burned evenly and the ash hung on for about 1 1/2 inches. Medium strength from light until this point, which is very nice. Good, solid whiteish gray ash and also a good amount of light smoke off the cigar. Truly a great start of the day.

Flavors continued to grow throughout the second third of the smoke and the burn was incredibly consistant throughout. The spicyness picked-up and grew from a medium to full with about a third of it left. I nubbed the remaining inch and finally tossed it because it got too hot on my gorilla hands.

Overall, this is and always has been a great stick. For $35 a bundle of 25, I always restock when I'm down to 5 or so and have no problem sharing with friends and neighbors who are occassional smokers. I've tried the toro and prefer the robusto size...can't tell ya why, it's just how it is :D:ss

Great review and I agree with you. I used to smoke the toros in most of my smokes and have gone to the robusto for the most part, don't know why but I prefer them.

Great review.

I stopped into my local B&M and todau and enjoyed a Serio O torpedo while watching the History Channel .

One thing about Oliva products...............they are consistent time and time and time again!

Back