Flor de Olivia Natural

Danimal

CS Cog
This was my "go-to" as a newbie. Decided to have one tonight and found that just a few months of age on them really develops the flavors. Even after experiencing a ton of smokes since I last smoked this, it was still very enjoyable.

Appearance was okay... minimal veins but mediocre wrapping on it. The pre-light taste was sweet. As I lit it up, it immediately had the typical Nicaraguan profile of nuts with a nice sweetness mixed in... didn't taste the sweetness a few months ago. Burn was even, but it was extremely fast.. finished a Robusto in under 30 minutes. Halfway through it developed some coffee notes and a mild spice. It did leave some harshness in the throat, but overall this is a great stick to have at a value price. I paid ~$31 shipped for 25 off of smokeall.com.

If you're a newbie looking for a good value smoke, this has always been highly recommended. A little age goes a long way on this stick.

Is this the regular ol' Flor De Oliva bundle with the sumatra wrapper? I'm still waiting for Atlantic to ship mine along with a bundle of the corojos. Been smoking too many $4 cigars lately (well, $4 a stick per internet box prices). I need to add some more dolla to two dolla sticks into the rotation. I'm hoping I like these. If not then I'll get some Savoys.

Man I wish I would have bought more than 1 of that Indios 20-cigar sampler bundle CI had for last weeks email special. $30 for a bundle that had Maximas, Cuba Aliados, Cifuegas. That was a fricken deal, so far I like all I've smoked from that one.

The Flor De Olivias are a great value, no doubt. They have been discussed here many times, and still get decent reviews.

Myself, I don't particularly care for the "naturals" or the Corojo wrappers. However, I do find the the Cameroon and maduros are quite good. Especially the maduros.....these make a great golf course smoke when paired up with a dark beer. Delicious!

I can't recall ever having one with substantial age on it, though. I may have to throw some in the cooler and forget about them for a while....

Uniputt said:
The Flor De Olivias are a great value, no doubt. They have been discussed here many times, and still get decent reviews.

Myself, I don't particularly care for the "naturals" or the Corojo wrappers. However, I do find the the Cameroon and maduros are quite good. Especially the maduros.....these make a great golf course smoke when paired up with a dark beer. Delicious!

I can't recall ever having one with substantial age on it, though. I may have to throw some in the cooler and forget about them for a while....
The only FdO I've thought was worth smoking was a maduro that Tresputt gave me when we played golf. The others, I just haven't cared for, especially the grand cameroon :pu

RumblePen said:
Man I wish I would have bought more than 1 of that Indios 20-cigar sampler bundle CI had for last weeks email special. $30 for a bundle that had Maximas, Cuba Aliados, Cifuegas. That was a fricken deal, so far I like all I've smoked from that one.

Not to hijack, but I agree, that was a killer deal and I'll grab somemore the next time(if) they run it. I do tend to like the Puros Indios cigars... they have a different flavor.

Now back to the topic at hand.. I love the 'O' series(the Bold in particular) - I have very fond memories of smoking these in Key West. I haven't tried the FdO yet, but was just gifted one in the Newbie Sampler thread, adn can't wait to try it.

croatan said:
The only FdO I've thought was worth smoking was a maduro that Tresputt gave me when we played golf. The others, I just haven't cared for, especially the grand cameroon :pu

WARNING:pOTENTIAL THREAD JACK AHEAD-PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Croatan:
Who is this Tresputt character you speak of? I am not familiar with this individual. I know of a fine upstanding gentleman who goes by the moniker of Uniputt......and I am quite certain you cannot be referring to him; as I have been present with him while he gave me a golf lesson--and he never three-putts! :r

I am digging the Corojos. They are a nice smoke. Prefer them much to Cuba Aliados, but I almost always prefer a Nicaraguan over a Hondo.

If you've got $2 to 2.50 in pocket change, the FdO Maduro is a darn good stick to pick. My local shop sells the torp for $2.45 and it lasts me a good hour. Guess I need to try a Cameroon, though. I wasn't too thrilled with the Corojo. Anyway, I've found them to be pretty consistent, albeit a simple smoke without a lot of complexity.

Back