Floridians... Watch Out...

TMoneYNYY

Oreo Cookie Blues
'Cause I'm going to Florida for 5 days in May. The 22nd-26th, I'll be in Weston, Florida (I have no idea where that is). If anybody has any suggestions as to any good B&M's or cigar-friendly eateries in the area, that would be fantastical. Graizie, signori!

sheesh... .interwebz savvy kids with their fancy iphones still gotta have the old folks tell em how to look stuff up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weston,_Florida
I hope some of the fellas can point your butt to some good joints, Tranny. Have a good time.

Going for the Dungaree convention?

Actually, here in this century, we call them jeans. Not blue jeans, or dungarees, or strongbluepants, just jeans. I ditto the sentiments of Jimothy Anderson.

But thanks for the info!

Weston is on the west side of the urbanized Broward County.
Just a few minutes north of Miami.
Just a few minutes west of Ft. Lauderdale Airport.
It is just south of 595 and borders on I-75.
Just down from where the Panthers play.
Nice area, just bordering the Everglades so plenty of gators nearby.

You will not be too far from TW.
About 20 minutes or so.
Let us know when you are headed down as the date draws closer and I am sure the gang will meet up with you at TW.

If you have a car, Weston is not that far of a ride to the factories on 8th St., in Miami.

About 20 minutes or so.
Let us know when you are headed down as the date draws closer and I am sure the gang will meet up with you at TW.

If you have a car, Weston is not that far of a ride to the factories on 8th St., in Miami.
Yeah What he said....:tu.......He's smart !!! he knows things..:r:r:r

About 20 minutes or so.

Not quite sure what TW is... but it would be nice to get a stogie in with the pops, too!

By the way, I'm going to be in town with my father for some business, but I should be free most nights, and the last day seems pretty open. We'd like to get a stogie or two in before we go, and see a couple other gorillas would be nice, too!

I lived near Weston about 4 years ago. There is a place called Cigar Aficianado (can't believe they weren't sued) on Pines Blvd in Pembroke Pines. It was there for 10 years, I imagine it's still there.

There is some high dollar shopping in Weston so I would imagine there would be a cigar place there now with the recent cigar boom. Check a place called Towne Center. Also there is a great barber shop called Carl's in Griffin which is the next town over. They offer a nice hot shave reminiscient of 1940s Brooklyn. I say I visit to see friends but I really go back to see Joe at Carl's.

Actually, here in this century, we call them jeans. Not blue jeans, or dungarees, or strongbluepants, just jeans. I ditto the sentiments of Jimothy Anderson.

But thanks for the info!
And in this here century, in Florida, if you are wearing jean shorts, we call those jorts. So if you are coming to visit us from your lovely northern locale, please leave your jorts behind.

Just some more info for you. Enjoy your visit to paradise.
:chk

'Cause I'm going to Florida for 5 days in May. The 22nd-26th, I'll be in Weston, Florida (I have no idea where that is). If anybody has any suggestions as to any good B&M's or cigar-friendly eateries in the area, that would be fantastical. Graizie, signori!

Forgot to mention.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Let me know if you find one as it would be a gold mine.

Florida has outlawed smoking anywhere food is served.
I think no more than 10% of the gross business can be food. If it is, smoking is not allowed.
Since most bars sell food also, hard to even find a bar that allows smoking.
A B&M or the street is your only option.

Let us know the exact date and we can round up the gang.
The thing is that most of us are from all around South Florida.
Some have an hour drive to TW, some have 2.5 hours, some have 1.5, some like me, 15 minutes.
A weeknight or weekday will be tough on many due to work and family.
If it happens that you are here on a Friday night, Saturday or Sunday, that should all be good for most.

BTW,
Won't hold it against you that you bowed out when I met up with the gang in NYC.:D

I'll be there from Thursday night, May 22nd through Monday, May 26th at the Florida Supercon (in case anyone's goin').

well tanner...was nice knowin ya....i have seen guys meet up with the fla crew and disappear never to be seen again..:r

Back