For the golfers...

jgros001

Alpha Silverback
Just got back from hitting some balls and testing out my new divot repair tool/ cigar holder. Got it from Doug Tanaka @ http://www.dougtanakadivottools.com/servlet/Categories

Mine is made from Mammoth Tusk Ivory...very cool looking and reasonably priced. My only complaint was that his site is not the most up to date and the first one I ordered was out of stock but he was very helpful and responsive to emails.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on the info for what I think is a very good product.

Last edited:
I have been looking at the ones on ebay here. Looks to possibly be made by the same person or design anyway. Do you just use it to hold your cigar or can you use it to fix ball marks?

So do you just put that thing on the ground and your cigar on it? I think those cart clips are a better idea.

So do you just put that thing on the ground and your cigar on it? I think those cart clips are a better idea.

I use the cart clip style and like it pretty good. You have to be careful not to damage your wrapper with it though.

Yeah i use the Cigar Minder cigar clip, they can't be beat. Clips onto golf carts, pull carts, even your bag. I love the look of these divot tools tho, they are ded secsay!

~S

Cool. I might have to pick one up.

One can only wonder how much mammoth tusk ivory really exists, and how this guy can get so much of it. I suspect that it's probably ivory, and he's saying it's from mammoths to avoid legal consequences from the illegal ivory trade.

Last edited:
Cool. I might have to pick one up.

One can only wonder how much mammoth tusk ivory really exists, and how this guy can get so much of it. I suspect that it's probably ivory, and he's saying it's from mammoths to avoid legal consequences from the illegal ivory trade.
Yeah, I am not so sure about that...there are government restrictions on ivory

Back