Found A New Breakfast Cigar

Jeff

Head to the grindstone...
Okay, so probably my favorite time to smoke cigars is in the morning with or after breakfast. There is just something about the stillness and new-day feeling of mornings, plus the flowing coffee, that cause me to really enjoy cigars.

I have had two Bahiba Pyramids tucked away in my humidor for a year and a half now. This particular morning is nice and cool with the sun shining so I decided to savor a breakfast cigar. I prefer a mild to medium bodied stick in the morning so I chose the Bahiba. This cigar turned out to be a perfect breakfast cigar for me! Mild bodied but with a rich well rounded flavor. Excellent draw, even burn, and quality construction. Probably aided by an additional 1.5 years of age.

Even though the Bahiba line is manufactered by Graycliff, I wouldn't presume to compare the two because there isn't any comparison. ;) To begin with, the Bahiba Pyramid costs around $5, while a Graycilff can run you $15. However, this cigar could become one of my go-to breakfast sticks.

Will post a complete review in the NC Reviews forum later.

Bahiba_pyramid.gif

Last edited:
Interesting.....I have never had a cigar after breakfest..or in the morning at all. I am a coffee drinker so I'm going to have to give it a go one of these days, I'm looking foreword to your review.

When I have the time, I love a morning cigar with my coffee. Like you, it is often my favorite smoke of the day. I was drawn to your thread because I have been looking for a new coffee cigar.

The Dominican Por Larranaga has been my go-to coffee cigar for a long, long time. I guess I became a little tired of them and have been trying other ones for the past 2-3 months. The best alternatives I've found so far are RyJ Reserva Real, Perdomo Champagne and Casa Torano. On the dark side, Monte 4's go pretty well with coffee too.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely give the Bahiba's a try.

Last edited:
JPH said:
Interesting.....I have never had a cigar after breakfest..or in the morning at all. I am a coffee drinker so I'm going to have to give it a go one of these days, I'm looking foreword to your review.

Never heard of that cigar. Will have to keep in in my mind to try someday. Thanks for the insight.

As for the morning cigar. Nothing like a mild-med PC n the morning with that cup of coffee on the way to the office.

Never had a morning cigar before. I've always smoked at the end of the day when I'm winding down with a friend or two. I may have to give this a try.

qwerty1500 said:
The best alternatives I've found so far are RyJ Reserva Real, Perdomo Champagne and Casa Torano. On the dark side, Monte 4's go pretty well with coffee too.

The Perdomo Champagne are definitely another good morning cigar. Very flavorful without overpowering one's more sensitive morning pallate.

Well, you definitely got me wanting to try one of those Bahibas. I am also one that really appreciates a good, but not overpowering, morning smoke. I have been looking for a new one because the one I started with has gotten a little weak and flavorless. This gives me an excuse. I was wanting to try a Graycliff anyway and this sounds like a less expensive way to do so.

Scottie

The Bahiba is a nice med. body smoke,The reason it's less $$ is because it's a medium filler stick.Good coffee smoke though.I had a PAN64 exclusivo Sunday A.M. with a cup a joe,um um good1

Sounds great-i like you, dont like to smoke a fuller bodied gar early in the morning.

I have never been a morning smoker, partly b/c i am not a morning person. But usually when I herf I smoke multiple cigars back-to-back, so starting with a milder cigar before smoking my usually heavier one is nice. Thanks for the idea.

Back