Found a Pepin I like!

kgoings

Evolving Lead Gorilla
After pretty much giving up on Pepin Garcia cigars, I found one I like. I must admit it has been awhile since I have tried one so 1 of 2 things...

1) My pallet is changing, and maybe I should try some other DP cigars.

or

2) The DP JJ Maduro is not NEARLY as peppery as his other cigars.

I had the JJ Maduro last night and it was an extremely pleasant cigar, a nice spice, with a nice sweetnes, some earthy and woodyness. Just lots of flavors. I will have to get some more of these!

It didnt have a ton of smoke.

I had one of these the other day and it was pretty darn good. That was the first cigar I had ever had from DPG and I was impressed.

lololol obviously.. is it a strength difference or overall flavor... Ive heard of a few people getting knocked on their but from a 601

I have had a 601 Blue...is that a DPG cigar? I loved it! How is the Oscuro compared to the Maduro (601 Series)

I have had a 601 Blue...is that a DPG cigar? I loved it! How is the Oscuro compared to the Maduro (601 Series)

Yeah, it's a DPG. Can't say how it compares to the Maduro 601, as I have not tried the latter. But I LOOOVE the former, especially the torpedo. Ooooh,yeah! :dr

Yeah, it's a DPG. Can't say how it compares to the Maduro 601, as I have not tried the latter. But I LOOOVE the former, especially the torpedo. Ooooh,yeah! :dr

Well the 601 Blue is the Maduro, the 601 Green is the Oscuro. I have a green in my humi that I have not tired yet.

The 601 Green Label has more pepper than the 601 Blue Label. Try the new Cubao from EO Brands too. It is a really good smoke.

Well the 601 Blue is the Maduro, the 601 Green is the Oscuro. I have a green in my humi that I have not tired yet.

Well, slap me upside the head with a brick and call me stupid! :D

The Blue is the maduro and THAT is the one I love. Haven't tried the Green yet.

OK. Got it right.

Thanks for alerting me to my brain fart. :rolleyes:

That is good to hear, I have a DPG JJ Maduro in my humi, but I have yet to smoke one. I am going to have to give it a try and see what all the fuss is about. I have enjoyed most of the DPG smokes I have had, so I expect I will enjoy the JJ Maduro.

I have tried several tats, DPG blue, and one other that slips my mind.

So I guess 4 that I didnt like, and 2 that I have liked (didnt remember 601's were dpg). I have a 601 Gree, another DPG Blue and Cuban Classic I should try..

Last edited:
Just had 3 DPG JJ Maduro Selectos delivered today. I can't wait till they have sat a bit so I can get to smoking them.

yes! both JJ's are really good and both are my favorite Pepins. the Cuban Classic is really good also, its kind of peppery, but a sweeter gentle pepper, imo. the blue is a little to much for me

So I tried a DPG CC last night...very nice! I really enjoyed it, not super peppery at all.

So I still have not tried another DPG Blue or Tat, but I honestly dont have any in my humi so I will have to purchase a couple singles. I thought I had a Blue but I was mistaken.

I have tried the Red tat and the Brown tat, how do they compare to the CC as far as pepper? I really didnt like either one of those, but I tried them at least 4 months ago, and I dont think they had much rest before trying.

I have tried the Red tat and the Brown tat, how do they compare to the CC as far as pepper? I really didnt like either one of those, but I tried them at least 4 months ago, and I dont think they had much rest before trying.

Here is what you should do imho to change your views on the other Pepins:

(1) Buy a blue, any blue. Let it sit for three months then dry box it for a few days. Then see what happens.

(2) Brown--buy a petite Tat. Smoke it very very slowly.

(3) Red--buy an Angeles and smoke it! (They are not spicy, are medium strength but have a lot of taste.

Just got a nice sampler from c.com of Pepins for 18 and change. The last few Pepins I've smoked have been just terrific. The JJ Mad, the Blue Label and the Cuban Classic have all been winners imho.

Back