Fridgador Setup

Opusfxd

Lowland Gorilla
So my 60 qt cooler is full. Very full. Stuffed like a fat man at a Thanksgiving buffet. A buddy at work offered me an old refridgerator he has sitting around. It's about 18" wide by 18" deep and about 5 feet tall.

I figure I have a couple choices, I could just use it as a big sealed box down in the basement where it's usually cool or I could get one of those plug in beer maker temp controls whose name I can't recall and keep it chilled.

My questions to you, other than giving it a good baking soda and water cleaning, loading it with beads (or is a hydra more adviseable?), what else should I be concerned with? Also do you think I could leave it unplugged or should I look at keeping it chilled? I'm almost 100% sure it's not thermoelectric cooling, just in case you're wondering.

It's not going to be pretty but hopefully it should work for a while.

Thanks for the input.

I would give it a good once over with Baking Soda and elbow grease, toss it in the basement with a few pounds of beads and fill it up.:tu

I don't know about the fridge (just a simple newbie) but I am wondering when we're herfing at your house!?! I bet we could clear some room for ya!

:ss :D :ss

i'd use it w/o turning it on if your basement is cool-beads should work great in a sealed environment like that, no need to dish out $ for an active system-don't forget to open it once a wk (like coolers) to let it breathe

i'd use it w/o turning it on if your basement is cool-beads should work great in a sealed environment like that, no need to dish out $ for an active system-don't forget to open it once a wk (like coolers) to let it breathe

Didn't know this about coolers, how long do you do that for? (and sorry if this is thread-jacking)

Back