Fridgedor?

partagaspete

I Do Medical Things
I am picking up a used small fridge this weekend and here is my plan:

1. Clean with Deminiralized H2O.

2. Disconnect the freezer part (which is in the fridge area)

3. Clean with some of that agent orange stuff.

4. clean again with deminiralized H2O

5. Set up temp for approx. 65-70 degrees (how I am unsure).

6. Purchase humidity beads and set them up. Also put some cedar in it.

7. Monitor temp and Humidity.

8. Put cigars in and monitor.

Please let me know where I am going wrong if I am and what other advise you guys may have particularly on how to set these small fridges temps if the do not have an external dial????? Wish me luck

T

Yah Pete. I'm not a expert, but sounds like you got the right idea.

The one thing I would keep an eye out for, & try to eliminate is any future chance of biologicals entering my humidor environment. I don't know what the agent orange stuff is that you mentioned, but I would make sure that I not only cleaned, but disinfected. Make sure you check around the evaporator also.

I would consider replacing the seal, as you want it to seal well & God knows what creepys might be lurking under there. Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle might make a good disinfectant & shouldn't leave vapors. One thing that might work is a good hand held steamer (like a Skunki). It would clean "and" disinfect without leaving chemical residue.

Hope this is helpful.

KH

Thanks for the ggod tips. As far as the Agent Orange...I am not sure what the actual name of the stuff is but it is a citrus based cleaner.

T

Good luck on your project. Are you going to document the process? I'd love to see the step by step because I'm moving toward this as well.

Jeff

I love my Fridgedor. Works great and hold a 70% RH better then any of my other humi's. I use it for my long term storage. And no it's not at 72% RH. t's off by two percentage points on the high side. Did a salt test on it two days ago.

Back