Fuente Fuente Opus X

OtterAKL4987

Blathering Elite Wannabe
I finally broke down and smoked one of the three Opus Xs I have. No special occasion, just ready to give them a try.

Appearance: 5/5
This cigar was wrapped beautifully with a flawless leaf. No bumps, bruises or veins. This thing was immaculate.

Construction: 5/5
The construction on this Opus was truly special. The draw was great, I got a great even burn. No soft spots or cracks in the wrapper of any sort.

Flavor: 4/5
I thought the flavor was very good. A spicy kick from first light. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 is that it was fairly one-dimensional. That one dimension, however, was phenomenal in my opinion.

Value: 3/5
As far as value goes, it is a bit of a toss up. I could tell immediately from the cigar that I was smoking a high quality product. The construction and appearance were amazing. However, was the overall experience that much greater than other, cheaper cigars I have had? Maybe not.

Overall: 17/20
The Opus X was a great cigar in my opinion. A great experience that I am glad to have tried. Would I spend my free time seeking out any B&M to try and purchase these? Nope. But I could definitely tell that I was enjoying a premium product and that aspect of it was satisfactory. Overall, a spicy powerhouse (which I like in a cigar) that was flawlessly put together. Thanks for reading.

Value: 3/5
As far as value goes, it is a bit of a toss up. I could tell immediately from the cigar that I was smoking a high quality product. The construction and appearance were amazing. However, was the overall experience that much greater than other, cheaper cigars I have had? Maybe not.

:tpd: I totaly agree on this statement.. you can tell you are smoking something worth quality, but imho i still didnt get that hype satisfaction maybe i dont know how to preciate the gar yet... thx for the review...:tu

"Flavor: 4/5
I thought the flavor was very good. A spicy kick from first light. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 is that it was fairly one-dimensional. That one dimension, however, was phenomenal in my opinion."

The Fuente Fuente is an excellent cigar. Give them about 3 years and your will be amazed at the complexity that develops. IMHO, All Opus-X smoke very good, from the day you buy them, but they are very spicy when young, aggressive and mostly one dimensional. However, after about 3 years, they mellow down and develop a complex flavor profile. They seem to be at their best between 3 and 7 years!

Good review, I tend to agree with your thoughts, my first one that I had I would have given a 100/100 it was by far, the best thing I had EVER had, now, my pallet has expanded and I see the on-dimensionalness of it in the early years... Thanks for the good review

Back