Fuente Sun-Grown Cuban Belicoso

borndead1

Waiting for the Nub 180!
First, I am not a Fuente fan. The Green labels don't really do anything for me, neither do Hemmingways or Don Carlos. I snagged a couple of these at a B&M just out of curiousity.

I could stockpile these bad boys. What a great smoke. Sweet and tangy with just a little bit of spice, getting a little earthy toward the middle. A bit of an irregular burn but nothing serious. This doesn't taste like a Dominican cigar at all. In fact, if I smoked one blind, I woud swear it was Nicaraguan. This cigar reminds me of an Omar Ortez Original, but a little smoother and sweeter.

Looking them up online, I see they are very reasonably priced as well. Think I may have to snag a box. :ss

First, I am not a Fuente fan. The Green labels don't really do anything for me, neither do Hemmingways or Don Carlos. I snagged a couple of these at a B&M just out of curiousity.

I could stockpile these bad boys. What a great smoke. Sweet and tangy with just a little bit of spice, getting a little earthy toward the middle. A bit of an irregular burn but nothing serious. This doesn't taste like a Dominican cigar at all. In fact, if I smoked one blind, I woud swear it was Nicaraguan. This cigar reminds me of an Omar Ortez Original, but a little smoother and sweeter.

Looking them up online, I see they are very reasonably priced as well. Think I may have to snag a box. :ss

You gotta tell everybody? There mine, mine I say.:ss

Damn fine smoke:tu

The Fuente sungrowns, whether the Cuban Belicoso or the Chateaus, are some of my favorite smokes.

Nice review and I recommend to try the others in the SG line as well:tu

This is one of the very few Fuente lines I really enjoy. I did see todays Monster which is a decent price but if you do your research you could usually find these somewhere for that price pretty regularly. Definitely a good stick nonetheless. I don't think there's a bad vitola in the line.

you are all bad people! my wife should kill me when she sees i ordered two boxes. at least i'll still have my kids and the humi.:hn

regarding the cuban belicosos on cigarmonster. just got an email from famous saying they were reducing my order due to demand, but they had no problem charging me for both boxes when i placed the order. not sure what the deal is and customer service wasn't much help.

regarding the cuban belicosos on cigarmonster. just got an email from famous saying they were reducing my order due to demand, but they had no problem charging me for both boxes when i placed the order. not sure what the deal is and customer service wasn't much help.

That stinks! I will beware in the future. They should have told you at time of sale.

I'm a bit of a Fuente whore, and I love their sungrown line. Cuban Beli, Chateau fuente, King B, 858 (when you can find them). They have a bit more bite than their counterparts to me, but then I also like the Hemingway line and green band lines (especially in maduro), and of course Opus. Not as big of a fan of the Don Carlos line, but I wouldn't turn them down. :)

Back