Full Stomach

ResIpsa

An Original Latino
As a newbie with little cigar knowledge, am curious as to why it's suggested to smoke on a full stomach?

it is recommended for the same reasons you drink on a full stomach (or not :al :D) basically the food in your stomach helps absorb the affective agent (alcohol, or nicotine in stogies) this means that with cigars with a high nicotine content you won't :pu but you will :w!

Also, I feel I should add, certain foods and drinks will help enhance the flvour of a cigar, or vice verse.

Never really thought about absorbing the nic or food enhancing the flavor. I just call my after supper cigar dessert. It's a terrific way to relax after a good meal.

You know, I'm not up to speed on which foods affect which cigars in what way, if you ask RJT, he may know more of what to pair with what, I think he's organising a cigar dinner....

thanks bro, I certainly don't want to:pu
Lumpold said:
it is recommended for the same reasons you drink on a full stomach (or not :al :D) basically the food in your stomach helps absorb the affective agent (alcohol, or nicotine in stogies) this means that with cigars with a high nicotine content you won't :pu but you will :w!

its not about food, its about sugar. the Cubans and Native Americans used to carry sacks of sugar and/or sugar cubes along with them to ingest before enjoying a cigar or musket... sugar counteracts overly potent nicotine but only if taken in advance...if your starting to feel a buzz or sick, its probably too late :)

EDIT: i still have a box of sugar cubes handy, in case i feel like an OpusX or Hoya de Nic :p

CrazyFool said:
its not about food, its about sugar. the Cubans and Native Americans used to carry sacks of sugar and/or sugar cubes along with them to ingest before enjoying a cigar or musket... sugar counteracts overly potent nicotine but only if taken in advance...if your starting to feel a buzz or sick, its probably too late :)

EDIT: i still have a box of sugar cubes handy, in case i feel like an OpusX or Hoya de Nic :p

What is something that you recommend to eat before smoking

I was thinking about the same question today. I smoked one of my faves and this time it made my head a little swimmy. I did not feel "sick" but more like a rolling stomach. It was on an empty stomach.

I was wondering because this smoke has not done this in the past.

I will try the sugar, but I have the same question as smitdavi

smitdavi said:
What is something that you recommend to eat before smoking

tech-ninja said:
I was thinking about the same question today. I smoked one of my faves and this time it made my head a little swimmy. I did not feel "sick" but more like a rolling stomach. It was on an empty stomach.

I was wondering because this smoke has not done this in the past.

I will try the sugar, but I have the same question as smitdavi

I've quickly grabbed a couple of slices of bread before, just to have something on my stomach before smoking. I'll usually do this regardless of what I'm having, just in case. Nine times out of ten, I end up smoking either very late in the evening, sometimes 6+ hours after my last meal, so putting anything on my stomach seems to help. A candy bar covers the sugar situation very well also.

As far as pairing food with cigars, I'm not sure. About the only time I smoke and eat, is at a bar, so any bar food is good, but I wouldn't say it enhances the experience.

sometimes chocolate will taste good with a cigar, if you're really looking to munch on something during a cigar. i haven't really experimented with different foods, which is always something i wanted to try. i'd imagine nuts would work sometimes, or caramel.

okay now
15_8.jpg

Back