Furniture-Sized Humidors

levell3

ChestBeater
OK I have reached the point where I have a total of 4 desktop humidors and 2 tuperware crates full of cigars. I think I recall a posting about this once before but I was wondering it anyone can recommend a value priced furniture-sized humidor. I looked into the vigilants and I nearly passed out when I saw the prices. I don't have 4 figures to spend on storage. (Though I easily have spend that on all the humidors I bought.) Hey hindsight is 20/20 but anyways girlfriend wants to buy an endtable and I think this would be a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Otherwise I may have to resort to the coolerdor. Thanks for any assistance! :)

ooops there's an extra r in that urrrrrl.... this is the link... www.aristocrathumidors.com/

also... don't rule out the coolerdor. i mean if you have the close-to-a-grand to spend, then hey, get yourself a beautiful humidor from bob, i hear nothing but good things about his stuff, but i've been using a 150quart marine cooler for a long time now and it works great! i just keep it tucked away in my closet.

anyway... happy humidor hunting!

same here- bob staebell makes great humidors and he's
great to work with. i bought an aristocrat last year
and i'm the envy of every kid on the block. you can't
go wrong here.

how it came about- i was looking around for another
igloo to purchase... i had turned a spare room into
igloo center, a red one, a pink one, a green one- it
was functional but looked stupid. my wife said why
don't you just break down and buy a nice piece of
furniture. i thought i'd rather spend the money on
cigars, but i didn't want to disappoint my wife. in
the end, i'm glad i listened to her. so who needs another
car? my desoto runs fine. ;-)
Attachments:
3d10a0b450441ae2.jpg

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-02 AT 03:58 PM (CDT)]Agreed that Bob Staebells units are nice, and so are Arlin Liss's units. Noting that you said you didnt want to spend 4 digits on a unit, you may want to consider an Elite or Elite II from Jonathan Thomas. I have an Elite (now used for storage of knick-nack-crap) since I had a large wall unit made for me by a friend.
You can see the Elite (499.00) & Elite II (575.00) at:
http://www.onlinehumidors.com/humidors_jt.htm

***keep in mind that the base price does NOT include spanish cedar. They use a cheaper aromatic cedar (bad bad) that has "aired out" they say. I got mine lined with spanish cedar.

At least this gives you an option keep it within your budget.

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-02 AT 02:25 PM (CDT)]i bet if you told bob you had $xxx to spend for an end table
he would be willing to work something out. anyway, like
my mom always says: "it wouldn't hurt to try." my dad always
says: "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take," but he's
such an ###### i never listen to him. ;-)

Hey pokie you know what those cabs are? They are 90 dollar icebox type cabs that one can get from Oak Express and they stained it and put glass in the slots. That plus the aromatic cedar is like $150 tops. i have one that I bought and converted, that is how i noticed it so easily. Just a comment not putting them down or anything, but it is sure nice to know I did it myself.

I have an Aristocrat and an Aristocrat Plus. They are both great units, especially for box storage. Also they have a very sophisticated and accurate humiditifier and hygrometer. Dead on accurate and virtually maintenance free. For a work of art check out Arlin Liss.

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-02 AT 03:30 PM (CDT)]if 200.00}> means 200 thousand usd, i'll take it ;-)

this is an awesome tip though! is oak express an online place or is it a store near you. i'm down with the conversion deals and to get a nice looking box like this that can be converted with relative ease to a humidor would be very cool.

what are you using to humidify it... a cigar oasis?

i think your 7up guy is on crack today pokie... it looks like he's having a spasm or something. heheh.

what have you been feeding him!

hi,
all models talked about are good humis,
but can i mention that it seems to me no matter how big you always run out of space. even pokers godzillador , id still be useing coolers very soon if not allready, so i am going to just keep useing my coolers until the daughter gets out of school next year then
im gonna boot her out and convert her bedroom into a walkin
lol
funny but dang if i aint seriously considering it.
(gonna doit)
oh by the way i do have a pretty good sized cabinet i made
out of an old antique ice box
about the size of a juke box, but that dont hold near enough cigars
to suit me . so i still have the closets full of coolers and a few sitting in the spare room.
good luck on whatever you decide
k

Back