Ghurka Regent

Mindflux

Lowland Gorilla
I'm not going to post any indepth analysis of this cigar first off.

This cigar looks (LOOKS) gorgeous. It's dark and oily and well constructed. But for me, that's where the positive ends.

The pre-light draw was extremely light. There was next to NO resistance when drawing through it. I keep my cigars at 65% RH, and 70* F(until my cooler is ready).

Smoking this thing gave me spices on the back of my throat, which I normally enjoy quite much. However this thing had no other flavors come out for me. It burned a bit unevenly from the time I lit it to the time I gave up on it.

In short:
I can see why justinphilly's signature says "I crap ghurkas" because frankly this is the closest thing to a dog rocket I have EVER smoked.

:BS

In fact, I'm so disdained by it I am eating crackers with peanut butter to get my pallet happier.

I guess I fail to see why Ghurka's are so popular.

That's it.

*** THIS IS WHAT MOUTH WASH WAS MADE FOR!! ***

Last edited:
I'm not going to post any indepth analysis of this cigar first off.

This cigar looks (LOOKS) gorgeous. It's dark and oily and well constructed. But for me, that's where the positive ends.

The pre-light draw was extremely light. There was next to NO resistance when drawing through it. I keep my cigars at 65% RH, and 70* F(until my cooler is ready).
I just smoked one the other day and I agree with you wholeheartedly. The draw was extremely light and though it yielded a lot of smoke quantity definitely does not reflect quality. Based on my experience with the Regent, I will be hard-pressed to buy another Gurkha without a recommendation.

Some of the worst cigars I have ever smoked are Gurkha's, but I think they need some age overall. Many of them just seem so strong they get kinda nasty. I think they probably work so hard on just putting out tons of cigars they don't age them properly.

Sorry to hear you guys had such a bad experience with one of my favorite cigars. I have gone through maybe a box or two in the last year or so, and have never had a bad one.

I just got a 5 pack of these to try. I'm planning to take them camping this weekend. Hopefully those harsh, oily overtones will be the perfect antidote to the cool nighttime temps and ever present mist. I'm more of a medium to mild guy but I figure this will be a good chance to try some bolder smokes.

Don't give up until you try the G3. That one has a lot of flavor to go along with it's kick. It burned nicely with good, thick smoke.

Back